• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hello Everyone

SmokinInCanada

Hello all you fellow Cigar lovers :thumbs:

I just signed up on the site and I've been following the forums for a couple months so I finally decided to get a voice.

Anyways abit about myself and how I got into smoking Cigars/Pipes. Well my first love was my pipe, one day me and a friend were walking around the city. We ended up walking down one street and we see this sign "Cuban cigars sold here" and my friend being a cigar smoker himself was thinking he would pick up a few. Now he normally gets his cigars from another shop and this one was unknown to him, so for the life of us we couldn't find the place. So after about 10mins searching we gave up and carried on walking down the street. Just as I turn back I see this man sitting on a chair outside and is smoking a cigar and right above him is a sign "J*** smoke shop" Anways me and my friend go in the store and he instantly picks out acouple cigars and buys them and the owner of the store asks me "Anything for you sir?" Now I've never smoked a pipe or even a cigar up to that point and I said "I wouldn't even know what to get" jokingly. So the owner says well what about a pipe? So my interest was perked and he hooked me up with a corn cob pipe (didn't believe that they still made em) and some smoke for it also. The owner was a really nice guy, maybe it has to do with the line of work he was in :p He gave me a deal and cut the price of the tobacco in half being as he just gave me enough to get me started.

Since then I've been smoking a pipe and recently I lit up my first cigar.

It was a W&D Don Tomas cigar and let me tell you, I can see why people are in love with cigars :p So I have a new guilty pleasure in my life and hope I can throw my opinion in on the board from time to time.

So hope to be talking with you all soon and thanks for lasting through my story :laugh:

edit: And obviously with my first post I forget to post in the right forum.....great start eh?

Welcome, SmokinInCanada! Good intro. Where in Canada are you from?

Hello from the Sandhills of South Carolina! Welcome to CP!

Hey great intro man, welcome to CP and welcome to the addiction!

Welcome from the Garden State. I started out about ten years ago smoking a pipe as well. I loved the different tobacco's and the smell was amazing. It go to be a pain carrying around the pipe, tobacco bag, pipe took, etc, so I tried a cigar and fell in love. I never looked back and have been smoking cigars ever since.

Dave

Thanks to everyone who replied.

kahri: I'm currently in Ontario.

Dave: I love my pipe but I also love that first cigar I had. I usually light up my pipe on the weekends, then I like to sit back on Sundays and just relax for a good hour or two. But I think now I'm going to be picking up a few cigars from time to time and on those more stressful weekends or when I just want to sit down and have a nice relax, I'm going to smoke a cigar.

Welcome! There is a lot of good info here. I would call this place the Library of BOTL.

Welcome from Dallas Texas... I didn't know this was the introduction thread.

Thanks again, I'm trying to pick up the lingo here and all the brands and such but I'm sure in time it will become second nature.

Welcome from southwestern Ontario, where they shove the tube when Ontario needs an enema.

What part of Ontario do you call home?