• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hello Wilma

Peter_K

While its only a 3 storm, it sure tore up my neighborhood. My patio screen enclosure is gone; scattered all over. Several large trees gone. All in all I guess I am lucky. Wife, I and the dog are safe. We have underground utilities. Telephone, electric, and cable are all working. According to the TV news someone died in my town when they went outside and then a tree fell on them.
The eye of the strom is over us right now. I understand the back wall of the storm should be here soon. I will go out and survey the area when the storm passes us by. I think a Trinidad will be the right the cigar then.
Peter

Thanks for the report and stay safe! My wife's folks have a condo in Sanibel, I'm praying it's not destroyed (again!).

Thanks for the informative report...I am very glad to hear that you and your family are safe and sound... Take care of yourself... :)

Sorry to hear it came your way.

Good news is... it didn't come farther north. All we got was the outer bands of wind and rain.

Glad to hear you're safe.

Glad you are ok... These are the only things that make living in Florida a bummer sometimes.

Glad your okay. I was in Coral Springs many years back... remember the large palms. Hope everyone made out okay, like they say, most injuries occur AFTER the storm, so don't drop your guard!

mmmmmmm Trini's :thumbs:

:0 "Only a (category) 3" he says :0

Pepe's so used to hurricanes he feels LUCKY when it's ONLY a CAT 3 :0

Hope you made out okay, hurricanes are serious stuff :(

Yesterday was another day. No electric, no telephone. I bought a generator to power up by fridge & freezer. No gasoline. Gas stations are without electricity to operate their pumps. Siphoned gas out of my car for the generator. Neighbor has phone but no power. I brought my lap top over to go on line.
Insurance company telephone out of order; no elec. All business brought to a halt. ATMs dead. Cash for anything. Those gas stations with elec have lines 100+ cars or more.
I shouldn't complain. My family are all ok. A lot of people have it many times worse.
Peter

Were ok in the beach area. My ex and my kids lost everything down stairs from the stom surge. All the furniture, everything in the boys rooms is either lost or damaged except for the couple things that were above chest level. For what it's worth, their house is intact, but not livable at the moment. I am glad they were in Orlando when this thing hit.

-E

Emmo, glad to hear that the kids and ex were out of harms way. Hope things get better in a short period of time with the housing/personal belongings situation.

Hope all my South Florida brothers/sisters are doing ok after this monster. Tore through my South Beach area pretty well, though things got back up and running for us quicker than most I think. Good luck to you all in the aftermath here and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.