• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help a herfer in need

Misc

Genuine pre-embargo Cuban cigar smoking picture (c
My first pass, and I'm going to break the rules ;)

It's not actually a "pass" in the traditional sense -- this is a cigar givaway. One of our ASC brothers (Dave Abramowitz) recently lost his house in a fire. Tragic as this was, the worst part is: he lost all his cigars.

I'm looking for 15 or 20 people to pitch in a few cigars apiece to help get Dave smoking again. This pass will be PUTS ONLY -- THERE WILL BE NO TAKES. And it's not coming back to me -- Dave's the last guy on the list.

Obviously, if any of you are feeling extremely generous, you should feel free to send Dave a little something extra once you get the box with his snailer -- the insurance company will eventually take care of him but the interim can really suck. So let's put together a nice "starter package" to get him up & herfing again ASAP.

Who's with me?

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to send their smokes directly to him? Postage would be less for everyone and he would get a bombing of sorts if you plan the day to ship. I sure would feel good if 15 to 20 packages from around the country started showing up at me door steps. :)

Just a thought........

I just read that Post over at ASC -- something just doesn't seem quite right... Why not ask the guys over at ASC to be involved in the PUTS ONLY PASS; since they know him best and know of his situation. Also, why not have people send him cigars directly rather than in a pass?

Looking forward to hearing if anyone here knows of Dave.

Allofus123 said:
Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to send their smokes directly to him? Postage would be less for everyone and he would get a bombing of sorts if you plan the day to ship. I sure would feel good if 15 to 20 packages from around the country started showing up at me door steps. :)
A good idea -- as I approach the critical number of names, we'll take a vote and see which way folks want to do it (or maybe we'll do both.) I'm hesitant to post someone else's address publically -- but will give it to those who sign-up so they can participate. Dave knows I'm up to something, but he doesn't know what, and probably is just expecting a small donation from me (he knows I'm a newbie.)

As to "the validity of his claim" -- you know what? I don't know Dave, either. I've read a few of his posts and I'm not even sure if I like him or not. (For that matter, certainly no one here knows ME -- and there are plenty in the world who don't like me! ;)) But if a man wants to go to the trouble of posting that a faulty coleman product inadvertantly burned down his house just to get a little charity out of me, then that's ok. A handful of cigars isn't going to break me -- heck, I'm still trying to decide if I just want to order a box to send him.

If it doesn't feel right to you, if you don't like it, then don't participate. But please don't discourage others who might feel a twinge of generosity from participating -- it won't kill them, and it won't kill you if others do it.

Thanks.

I'll be happy to help. I've seen all to closely the efects of losing a household to a fire.

smoke said:
I'll be happy to help. I've seen all to closely the efects of losing a household to a fire.
Thanks, Smoke.

Things are getting off to a bit of a slow start, here. I know I'm new but, after reading several passes and seeing how people take-3, put-6 or send a handful of cigars to a newbie to "get him started" or the like, I just figured CPers would be all over the chance to send a couple of sticks to a fellow smoker down on his luck. At any rate, I may have to give up on my hope of 15-20 participants as, going into the 5th day, it's just you & me. I'll give it another week (Friday 6/28), then I'll contact those who're in and we'll think of something nice to do for Dave.

Cross your fingers...

Well, it looks like this idea was not ment to be, so I guess this "pass" is dead.

DaveWF, please move to the "closed passes" forum.

Smoke (or anyone else), if you're still interested, contact Dave A. over at alt.smokers.cigars -- I'm uncomfortable handing out someone else's address.

Thanks.