• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help Identify Real or Fake Cohiba

brian2k1

My friend got back from Cuba and I asked him to bring me back some cigars. I told him specifically to buy cigars ONLY from the Government store and to make a long story short he bought only 2 at the Government Shop and 4 clearly fake cigar packs from the sales person at the store "after work" because they could get them cheaper...yeah right! I know he was only doing me a favor but now I have 4 FAKE packs of montecristo, RyJ and Cohiba Robusto's and I'm worried that maybe the Cohiba Singlo's he bought from the store could also be fake since the sales person was so conniving.

First thing I did was inspect the wrapper and they were definitely well made, but the fake Robusto's I have are also very well made. The scent of Cohiba was sweet like all Cuban's I've had but I want to know if these are Cohiba lol.

I also measured the cigar and they were the perfect lengths for the size give or take 1mm. I believe it was 155mm Singlo III and 170mm Singlo V.

Anyway, please see the pictures below and tell me what you think, I actually think these are real but I feel ripped off and looking to put my mind to rest.

Sealed boxes, New Government Seal, Hologram and Habanos sticker. Price tag was on the back of the box.

On the left the Singlo III and on the right Singlo V

Close-up picture of the band and cap. Raised Cohiba lettering, 5 rows of white squares, 3 above the Cohiba, and none of the white squares were cut. Label was on dead straight. You can clearly see 3 lines on the cap, but on the Singlo III (left) the black habanos font is a couple shades lighter, almost dark gray compared to the Singlo V - as if they were running low on black ink when the font was printed?

Singlo V on the top Singlo III on the bottom. Color was consistent, no visible steams, smooth surface.

Singlo III Filler

Singlo V Filler

Another angle of the caps

I wish I had the slightest clue. I'm the guy guy who 2 months ago would have making purchases like this.

For your sake, I hope you get good news from the guys here. With the others though... I'd be wondering too.

I'll let others with more experience help you out, however the Siglo V is THE darkest Cohiba I have ever seen (Besides the Maduro 5). Also, the foot looks flaired out and the Siglo III has a terribly discolored wrapper.

I'd say fake...... :(

I'll let others with more experience help you out, however the Siglo V is THE darkest Cohiba I have ever seen (Besides the Maduro 5). Also, the foot looks flaired out and the Siglo III has a terribly discolored wrapper.

I'd say fake...... :(

Young_Smoke

I took a look at them again, must be the camera because it was taken with a cellphone. There is no discoloration the foot is darker because of the shadow cast on it by my arms holding the camera. The Singlo V is definitely dark, but not quite Partagas black label dark, not maduro dark. You're right the foot was slightly flared, could be because of handling?