• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me pick my first ISOM's

tschoon

Well, with all the talk and rave about ISOM sticks, I have decided to buy a few. I like Partagas, HdM, RyJ, Onxy and Fuente. I like the medium blend and a robusto to corona in size. Prefer the ring <50.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cohiba Robusto
Montecristo Robusto
Partagas Series D # 4
Romeo Y Juliet Robusto or # 3 EL

Sam

SamGuss said:
Cohiba Robusto
Montecristo Robusto
Partagas Series D # 4
Romeo Y Juliet Robusto or # 3 EL

Sam
Monte Robustos are only available in an expensive Robusto sampler. The one below is a decent looking sampler.

Emo

Robusto Sampler

Ramon Allones SS and Partagas 8-9-8 Varn. are both excellent.
R&J Exb #4 and Bolivar Coronas Extra usually good as well.

Good Hunting!

RASS
PSD4
Monte #4
Cohiba Robusto

Those are sticks that are easy to get and reletivly cheap (save the Cohiba Robusto)

emodx said:
Monte Robustos are only available in an expensive Robusto sampler.
That's not true. The stopped production in 2001...but a box of them can still be had. ;)

TheBeast said:
emodx said:
Monte Robustos are only available in an expensive Robusto sampler.
That's not true. The stopped production in 2001...but a box of them can still be had. ;)
If you're referring just to the Montecristo robusto, Emodx is right. Habanos SA released the robusto in the pricey Seleccion Robusto case. As for the Montecristo Robusto EL, that's a totally different cigar released in late 2000. Very hard to find but if you look hard enough, i'm sure they're out there.

As for your first ISOM,TSchoon, you can never go wrong w/ a Cohiba Robusto. Prices have recently dropped and you can get a great deal on these. Good luck and buyer beware.

Dean said:
As for the Montecristo Robusto EL, that's a totally different cigar released in late 2000. Very hard to find but if you look hard enough, i'm sure they're out there.
Totally different? I'm pretty sure we were talking about robustos(monte) and my point was buying a "expensive sampler" isn't the "only" way they can be had a, robusto that is.LOL :)

Just to clarify, the Monte Robusto in the Seleccion Robusto pack is a different blend from the Monte Robusto EL blend. Both are good smokes but for the price, I'd go w/ CoRo. If you can get them aged, you'll be in for a real treat. :thumbs:

Medium bodied, eh? (hard with isom's- but here goes)

Monte #2 (a staple, you can't go wrong, and CA's #1 rated cuban)
Vegas Robaina Famosa (Excellent cigar- and medium bodied to me)
Partagas Serie D#4 (stronger, but an exceptional cigar)

(cheaper stuff)
Culebra's, three cigars for the price of one.

These are my picks in my opinion, but I personally like stronger cigars, so your tastes may vary.

Good luck on the order- AND I AGREE WITH DEAN -- BUYER BEWARE, there is so much fake isom stuff on the net! whew... its unreal. Buy from a good source... especially if its your first time... My first isom buy was from M.O., he's higher, but infamous for authentic product, fast shipping and outstanding quality. He'd be my choice. Then after you've gotten your feet wet, you can ask around and find the better deals. ;)

:thumbs: Toaster

Cohiba Robusto
Monte #2
Sancho Panza Non Plus
Punch Punch

All great, consistant sticks :)

Well, a medium Dominican probably equates with a mild havana, so you'll want to stay away from my favorites :D

Here are some MILD havanas:

Quai d'Orsay Coronas
Vegueros Especiales No. 1
Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extra

and yes Partagas. Partagas used to be a strong cigars but they switched to a milder blend around 1995 BUT as of the end of 2001, they are becoming stronger again but not like they were prior to 1995. However the following is considered to be "mild":

Partagas Serie D. No. 4

but slightly stronger than the first three that I mentioned.

Also these smaller Punch are considered to be on the slightly mild to medium side so:

Punch Punch
Punch Coronas

Now, I am not a Cohiba fan for two reasons, I think they are overpriced and two you darn well better be sure your source is good because they have to be the most counterfeited cigar in the world but if you insist on Cohibas, I'd go with the:

Cohiba Siglo VI

And yes, EVERYBODY loves the Montes and the Ramon Allones Specially Selected:

Montecristo #2
RASS

but these are MEDIUM bodied cigars by Havana standards, you may find these a little on the strong side.

For me, give me a STRONG Double Coronoa ANYDAY:

H. Upmann Sir Winston
Ramon Allones Gigantes
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
Punch Double Coronas
Bolivar Corona Gigantes

but you didn't ask what I LIKE, I gave you suggestions as to what you'd like and IMHO I think they're great suggestions :D

coventrycat86 said:
Well, a medium Dominican probably equates with a mild havana, so you'll want to stay away from my favorites :D

Here are some MILD havanas:

Quai d'Orsay Coronas
Vegueros Especiales No. 1
Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extra

and yes Partagas. Partagas used to be a strong cigars but they switched to a milder blend around 1995 BUT as of the end of 2001, they are becoming stronger again but not like they were prior to 1995. However the following is considered to be "mild":

Partagas Serie D. No. 4

but slightly stronger than the first three that I mentioned.

Also these smaller Punch are considered to be on the slightly mild to medium side so:

Punch Punch
Punch Coronas

Now, I am not a Cohiba fan for two reasons, I think they are overpriced and two you darn well better be sure your source is good because they have to be the most counterfeited cigar in the world but if you insist on Cohibas, I'd go with the:

Cohiba Siglo VI

And yes, EVERYBODY loves the Montes and the Ramon Allones Specially Selected:

Montecristo #2
RASS

but these are MEDIUM bodied cigars by Havana standards, you may find these a little on the strong side.

For me, give me a STRONG Double Coronoa ANYDAY:

H. Upmann Sir Winston
Ramon Allones Gigantes
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
Punch Double Coronas
Bolivar Corona Gigantes

but you didn't ask what I LIKE, I gave you suggestions as to what you'd like and IMHO I think they're great suggestions :D
Look like you are still reading Ron Nee! :D :sign: :sign: :sign:

Just jerkin' you around CC! :D

Being a newbie to Habana's myself I would suggest the Monte#4 or a HdM Epi#2 both are very good and not too over the top for your first Habana. I don't know about anyone else but, even though I had smoked NC's for quite awhile my first Habana (a Monte #4) seemed to pack quite a bit more punch than the others

Cheers!!

Recent newbie to ISOM's . . . . . my suggestions are

Partagas Short
Partagas SD#4
Bolivar PC

and believe it or not. . . . Jose Piedra Cazadores. . . . tasty and cheap!!

Your mileage may vary. . . . . :p