• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me settle a bet

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
Mpasser and I were in a cigar shop yesterday and got into a discussion of sungrown wrappers with a guy who worked there. Those two were claiming that OpusX wrappers were sungrown and I was almost positive they were shade grown. Now I usually hate to go against a guy that runs a cigar shop, since they usually know about a milion times more than I do, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. So help me out....are they shade grown or am I suffering from cranio-rectal inversion?

I also have a question on these. Recently my brother was privledged to smoke a really fine ISOM tasting smoke, which was a Beli shape, very light creamy smoothe wrapper, which was later said to be an OpusX Power Ranger. At the same time he also smoked a take from the box which was an OpusX PR that was very dark and toothy on the wrapper. Could both of these be OpusX? I was sure from the look feel and tast of the first cigar above that it was a Boli Beli Fino.

I never saw a light colored Opus. They are dark reddish brown - so called rosado - wrappers. I think the first one was something else. Coulda been a BBF, if so, these are longer and fatter than the xXx.

Btw, thanks Devin and Jeff for backing me up. :thumbs:

PuroBrat said:
which was later said to be an OpusX Power Ranger.

At the same time he also smoked a take from the box which was an OpusX PR
PB - I'm confused here. He smoked a cigar that someone told him was a Power Ranger and then at the same time smoked a Power Ranger? Was he smoking two cigars side by side? I would think thats not what you meant but it is how its typed. If he was smoking them both at the same time I believe one could tell a difference if there was one.

A very light colored wrapper would have been a flag to me. How does the person that said the light wrapper cigar was a Power Ranger know that it was? Hell, how do you get an Opus without the band? Don't know of many people that dump the bands...... I'd be leaning towards it not being an Opus.

Let me clear up some of this.
The first one, light wrapper, was in the Unbanded top shelf portion of HBs pass, the number on the cigar was what HB was told was an Opus PR.

During this very enjoyable Mini Herfin Pass my brother also smoked his Take from the regular portion, which WAS an Opus PR. Dark as it should be and nothing like the lighter one at all.

The light colored one looked, smelled and felt just like the Boli Beli Fino I got from HB when I was just a newbie here. So I am thinking that somehow the numbers got switched or somebody made le Boo Boo. But since I recall a conversation on one of the boards about some Blonde OpusX's having been seen (not sure about this, memory can be foggy at times) I thought I would ask the experts :D

I have the answer to my question now, for which I shall say, Thanks! :)

Ahhhhhhh.....now I see! :) Clearly a mix up...... sounds like you had the answer the whole time.

I've heard of blonde capped Between the Lines but not Opus's. If I'm wrong on this...... I WANT ONE! :p ;)

Mmmmm, blonde capped BTL, now that was a great smoke. 4th of July, it went well with the Fireworks. Yummy

L_Unreleased4.jpg

Somebody needs to talk to Carlito, if he makes a Blonde Opus, he needs to call it the OpusXTC

I don't know what the hell those are...maybe Matt knows...anyway if you haven't seen the pics of the Unreleased gars from CFC 2002...here is the link...UNRELEASED AF

You supposed to smoke those things or play darts with them? :D :D Love the little poodle tails.....

Thanks for the link...that's some amazin' schtuff.

I have never seen anything quite like that. Has anyone smoked the VSG with an Opus Wrapper?

man those are cool looking! there's something appealiing about a multi colored
cigar. :)

Those are special cigars that are one of a kind or almost one of a kind, given out in contests and so forth at the Cigar Family Celebration 2002. I would love to say I have some of them, but alas I do not and probably mever will. The one I wish the most I had was a Between the Lines with a candela and a maduro wrapper

Those are some unbelievably rolled cigars :D and they look so yummy ! Matt you bring up an interesting point has anyone ever been to the CF function?

Leebo....no dream...they are out there... :sneaky: