• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help please!

Bahianut

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in f
I'm hoping someone can help me save these. I recently lived in Belize and got two cubans for my best friend and I to smoke when I visited. Well on my visit we didn't have a chance so I left them for him. He is not a cigar smoker, (I'm not much of one!) so he stuck them in the freezer till we can smoke them. :0

Long and short of it is it's been a couple months since I was home and now am wondering if there is any hope for these and if so, what is the process of reviving them, ???

Thanks in advance

after re-reading, my real question is the length, I know about freezing for bugs, but never heard of keeping in freezer long term

Are they in seal-tight, freezer-safe bags? I've never done what you're describing, but as long as they are protected from having the oils and humidity sucked out of 'em, and as long as they are thawed slowly, they should be okay.

But it begs the question... why were they frozen in the first place? Belize is humid enough that you probably could have just left the cigars sitting in a box somewhere, and they'd be fine (assuming you're not using AC inside).

thanks for the input, they are frozen because my good friend lives in Indiana and does not have a humidor. I visited inthe beginning of Feb. so it was winter with low humidity.

How slow should I try to revive them?

Oh, I just saw you are from Rochester! That is where my cigar smoking all started! I lived there three years 96'-99'and loved the little smoke shop in ?Pittsford? I think that was the name of the little town along the canal. Ahh the memories!! my first stick ever was a Fuente Curly Head.

S.....L......O......W.

IF they have been in REALLY airtight bags or containers, I would move them to the refridgerator for a few days. Then, I would move them to a humidor with lowish humidity (I would guess no higher than 58-60%) at a low temp, try to find someplace to warmer than 55-60 degrees for two days or so. Then, They could probably be placed in a regualr humidor environment. I woudl then probably give them at least a week to rest before smoking them. Then again, I could be completely full of crap.

ANy more expereinced members care to chime in?

I'm hoping someone can help me save these. I recently lived in Belize and got two cubans for my best friend and I to smoke when I visited. Well on my visit we didn't have a chance so I left them for him. He is not a cigar smoker, (I'm not much of one!) so he stuck them in the freezer till we can smoke them. :0

Long and short of it is it's been a couple months since I was home and now am wondering if there is any hope for these and if so, what is the process of reviving them, ???

Thanks in advance

after re-reading, my real question is the length, I know about freezing for bugs, but never heard of keeping in freezer long term

Don't mean to Thread-Jack, but my slide down the slippery slope all started in Belize. Where did you live? (Signature Pic is a Belizean Cigar)

Here's my story:

My wife and I actually started living out of the US 3 years ago. We spent 1.5 years in Jamaica volunteering at a high school on the extreme east cost of the island. We then moved to Belize and lived there until this past Feb. I hurt my back (disc pressing on a my nerve)and had to return to the states for treatment. We are now staying here in the good ol US now.

The cigar story is that while living in Belize, I picked up two Mont. to bring home to Indiana for my friend and I to smoke during a visit. We didn't get to them, so I left them with him here in Indiana (where my friend put them in his freezer)and I returned to Belize. Shortly after returning to Belize, my back became a much bigger issue and we had to return back to the states. I hope that is all clear as mud now!