• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help, soaking wet humidor

sned45

Good news my new humidor arrived today. Bad news is the top of the activator solution placed inside of the humidor came off during shipping, needless to say the inside of the humidor is soaking wet.
I did soak up some of the solution with a clean sponge and currently letting the humidor air out.

Any suggestions on what else I can do to prevent any damage to the humidor?

Call the company that sent it see what they can do. they should have shiped the pg outside of unit IMO.

I got it from cheaphumidors.com, I did try calling them but their phone dept is closed until the 17th. I sent them an email so I will see what they recommend when I hear back from them.

I got it from cheaphumidors.com, I did try calling them but their phone dept is closed until the 17th. I sent them an email so I will see what they recommend when I hear back from them.

I had bad luck with them as well. We should boycott that place.

It's laminated inside and out over some other base material. Damage could be subtle. If there was no visible damage, air it out, then season it.

Actually I have had very good luck with cheaphumidors.com. Dave is good people and I'm sure he will get it resolved for you.

I had bad luck with them as well. We should boycott that place.

Dave is a good guy and has great customer service. Give him an email he will make it right.

I've also had great experiences with them. Like these guys say get in touch when you can I'm sure they'll resolve it.

I've bought several humidors from Dave in the past, always good customer service. I would first try drying out the humidor, and if there is no damage, then keep it. Otherwise if the wood is warping, give Dave a call or email him, and I'm sure he will take care of you.

I have no doubt Dave will take care of me. So far it looks ok, I'm going to let it air out over night and see how it looks in the morning.

I did hear back from Cheaphumidors.com and they didn't feel the solution would cause any damage. I found no damage this morning so I started the seasoning process.

Humidors?

You should be buying coolers instead, seriously. :sign:

Yeah even with my small collection I am finding humidors just a waste of time. You get them set up and then out grow them. The cooledor is the best thing that ever happen to me! Now I am on the hunt for a Vinotemp (at a good price). I saw a couple of ebay.