• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help with a spicey Red?

Cigar Penguin

I need something for Turkey Day.
The cook's are in there 80's and are european type cooking styles.
Food will be bland.
I need a Bold red with Bright fruit,pronounced spice and balanced in the acidity and tannin areas.No heavy tannic or acidic wines please.
Dry with spice and fruit should do it.....big wines are my favorite,just not my wife and mother-n-law's favorite.They like fruity wines smooth like grape juice,but that wont due for the bland europeon style cooking,I need big dry spice and balance,fruit finish maybe for the wimps.

Something that may need an hour of air is ok,just keep it under hundered bucks please?!?

Any ideas...old and new wines are fine,
Thanks! :D

Go cheap since it seems like you'll have a crowd. Try a Paisano for a pretty fruity wine.

Of course, since I'm a scotch guy you might want to take my advice with a grain of salt.

I need something for Turkey Day.
The cook's are in there 80's and are european type cooking styles.
Food will be bland.
I need a Bold red with Bright fruit,pronounced spice and balanced in the acidity and tannin areas.No heavy tannic or acidic wines please.
Dry with spice and fruit should do it.....big wines are my favorite,just not my wife and mother-n-law's favorite.They like fruity wines smooth like grape juice,but that wont due for the bland europeon style cooking,I need big dry spice and balance,fruit finish maybe for the wimps.

Something that may need an hour of air is ok,just keep it under hundered bucks please?!?

Any ideas...old and new wines are fine,
Thanks! :D

I had a 2005 Cedarville Syrah and Zinfandel that would fit the bill just about perfect. Not quite sure about the spice characteristic that your looking .... ouuuuu ..... a 2003 Novy Rosella's Syrah would do well, quite peppery the last time I tried it.

:cool:

I love this new red its a syrah from c. g. di arie. I think it has all the characteristics you were looking for, had it with some friends the night both are from Europe. You might want to get the 2003 though. There web site is here It is a spectacular wine from a up and coming winery. Try it it's from the guy that made captain crunch! :D

Had a 2004 Bonny Doon Cardinal Zin this evening. Had some hints of spice, it was quite nice.

-D

Had a 2004 Bonny Doon Cardinal Zin this evening. Had some hints of spice, it was quite nice.

-D

Try the 7 Deadly Zins sometime Dan ...... good stuff for the price.

There are a ton of good deals out there this weekend. We hit a tasting event yesterday and picked up a case of DeRose wine, the 2005 Hollywood Red is awesome if you can find it locally. I know it's available in Arizona. We also found a 2000 Pietra Santa Sasso Rosso that was being blown out at $10 a bottle, well worth the price!. But the best deal I found was for a 1976 Sterling Cabernet Sauvignon, and it was showing wonderful still.

:cool:

Thanks everyone,I have done quite a bit of research and narrowed things down a bit.I have 2 tasteings to attend by Wed.,so I will post Sunday what we went with and give a lil review.

Thanks again