• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help with a X-Mas gift!

Shuji

Several years ago, I bought my dad a 'brewery-in-a-box' gift. He hasn't been able to use it because he hasn't been able to find bottles.

I need to find some (hopefully a case of 12 or 24) swingtop bottles that are good for beer.

I know at least a couple of you do home brewing, and I could use some help!

Thanks in advance!!!

I bought six cases of the used Dornbush 22oz grolsch style bottles from this place... Strange Brew. 22.95 for 2 cases of 12 bottles each. If you buy these you need to buy some new grommets too and sterelize them before using them. They are very cool bottles with the Dornbusch logo painted on the bottle. There are two kinds one says Dornbusch Gold the other Dornbusch Alt. If you get the two case deal you should specify that you want one case of each style.

Dornbusch Bottles.

NA

That looks really cool ... I found a place in Ft. Worth (just an hour or so away) that has 16-oz bottles for $18/12 and I won't have to do shipping (if i can get there during their business hours.

I'm wondering at this point if it wouldn't be easier/cheaper to buy a bottle-capper and some bottle-caps and let him use his old beer bottles that end up in the trash anyway. Thoughts?

I would only use bottles that are not the screw on type. If you need a bottle opener to open the beers those are the ones. I bought the Grolsch bottles so I didn't have to deal with the bottle caps. Each Dornbusch bottle holds just under three beers so it cuts back on your bottling time too. I still bottle about a dozen or so 12oz w/caps with each batch so I can check on the status of the brew without wasting a lot of beer. So guys use the screw on types and swear it works okay but I wouldn't recomment it.

NA

Thanks, Neal ... I think I'm going to go with a gross of caps and a bottle-capper. It just seems to make more sense (especially when the shipping is close to $25!)

Haven't home brewed in a while but I used to keep the returnable long neck. Sam Adams bottles also worked well.

(threadjack)

did you know that you can buy a barrel of jack daniels?
it's like 5k, but you get about that much woth of the hard alcohol.

i just thought it was really cool, and htat i'd mention it.

(/threadjack)

you could always buy a couple six packs of amstel light (or whatever), wit hthe long necks.

after you drink one, you say, "Oh Look. Another bottle you can use, dad."

after you drink one, you say, "Oh Look. Another bottle you can use, dad."
rofl.gif
@ jolly