• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hemingway

Dawn

i have heard people speak highly of these but I for one found them dry and bitter. Perhaps it was the particular cigar I smoked but I struggled through to the end,since some smokes get better as they go...but it did not improve...thoughts??

Dawn, I think they're one of those love 'em or hate 'em kinda things. I like them a lot, but I've heard a lot of people say they don't. I find them peppery, and for me that's a good thing, but others may not go for that particular taste. I suppose you could have gotten some bad apples, but these are pretty consistent, imo. You may also wanna try one with some age as the Hemis do age pretty well. One question: what size are you referring to? Any one in particular or the whole line in general?

It's not the size of the wave that matters, it's the motion of the ocean...

Hemmingways ......... I love to collect them, have yet to smoke one of them though. When I have two of one, I will.

As for AF, the Double Chateau Sun Grown is one of the most enjoyable smokes I have had!

Might need more of those...hint hint Kenny! :thumbs:

Honestly I don't even know a freind gave me one of hers last night...I did not even notice except it was a shorter edition.

No more hints needed Lee, a package left today!  :thumbs:

You might find a couple of Sun Growns in it..... one was a Chateau but not a double and one was an 858. :p I'm pretty sure there were a few other cigars in the box.... :lookup:

You and Beast are becoming very good in the mooching arena, I'm beginning to think yall are taking lessons from Matt.  ;)  :D

For the most part (ie, ignoring the really rare ones like WOA, BTL, etc) they come in three sizes (said it again :p ) - Short Story (small), Signature (medium), and Classic (large). Sounds like you had a Short Story. So here's one possible explanation. Short Stories are notorious for tasting harsh and bitter if smoked too fast. If you make them last, however, they can be sublime. Remember Dawn, it's not about how fast you get there, but how good the experience is. :sneaky: We are still talking about cigars right? Ok, just checkin. :lookup:

thats always been my motto...savor the flavor! ;)
(of the cigar!..of course...)

what FT said. Can you let us know which one you had or describe the size.
I had a similar experiance with the SS and everyone said to take my time with it and let it burn slow. They were right so try one again.
I'm still waiting for your addy for that package, I'll throw a hemmingway signiture in there :D

Hey J, I finally got around to smoking that one I got from you. Was very nice-a!! I smoke Sigs pretty regularly, but that was the first SS I'd had in a while. Just wanted to let you know and to say thanks again.

Hemmingways ................ Hmmmm Goooood  :love:  :love:  :love:

I think you may have gotten a bad one. I love the Hemingway line... very consistent and flavorful IMHO. I enjoy Fuente cameroon wrapped cigars and the Hemingways are second only to the Don Carlos line for me.

My favorite Hemis are the Work of Art, Best Seller and Short Story... they're even better with some age on 'em! And... for a real treat smoke a Work of Art maduro... MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Aloha,

Wade

Wade we think alike. Love the WOA maduros. I was also fortunate to get some maduro Signatures and Classics when they came out during the Christmas holiday. Very tasty, but I still like the WOA maduro best. :thumbs:

I've loved Classic and Signatures for a while and due to all you great passers and gifters have now ventured into the Short Stories but I'm coming to the conclusion that the SS is just too short for me ??? I am hoping to try the WOA or a BTL shortly but haven't been able to find a shop out here that carries them ??? and Maduros they sound hmmmm good :D

I know I have mentioned this before but the best word I can use to describe the Hemmingway line is consistancy, over time this line always gives me the same great pleasure when I light em up :D

Dawn I urge you to give this cigar one more try............ ;)

Smoked a Short Story last Wednesday after a very rough night at work!! Got home at 3am and wanted something good, but quick. What a delight, nice little cigar, size may fool you as it's a spice rocket! I nubbed that sucker. It was short, in time that is.........smoked it in 20 minutes. I think I'll pick up a few more of them, great quickies!!

Dawn, I agree with the others, give it another shot! ;)

perhaps I'll go and pick a few out at my local smoke shop and see...could have been a bad one not properly stored I suppose!