• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hemingway

pj_rage

Novice Cigar Smoker
Excuse my newbieness, but are the "hemingway" cigars as I've heard a few people refer to here the Arturo Fuente Hemingway series as seen here?

If so, are these usually very rare? Or common but good? Or?

I'm just curious, because I thought I had heard that "hemingways" are rare, but I was at my local B&M and noticed the Fuente hemingways, and figured because there were so many there and they were so cheap (looked to be at MSRP based on what I see on Vitolas) I didn't think they could be the same thing I was thinking of.

I know this is kind of a pointless post, but if they are indeed rare, I think I'll go pick up a few of the different vitolas. Otherwise, I'm not in a rush ;)

Yep, that's them.

Nope, not rare, but the maduro's can be hard to come by.

Are they good.....yeah, I think so, but to each his own. I think you will find that most enjoy these though.

Its the maduro hemmis and special vitolas that are more rare. For instance, the Between the Lines I believe is rare (is it even produced any longer?).

Personally I'm not a fan of the hemingway. I do, however, love the Don Carlos line.

Its the maduro hemmis and special vitolas that are more rare. For instance, the Between the Lines I believe is rare (is it even produced any longer?).

Personally I'm not a fan of the hemingway. I do, however, love the Don Carlos line.

you got it. the af hemingway line isn't "rare" per se, but they can be more difficult to come by depending on where you live. also, you probably will never find them on sale and specific vitolas and wrappers can be a tad difficult to find.

Most prefer the Work or Art and Short Story figurados. The Work of Art Maduro is a favorite.

They are better in the smaller vitolas, IMO. Some are rare like the Classic Sungrown.

The Work of Art Maduro is more of a forced rareity. They are released in a limited quantity at most twice a year. This causes the price to go up a bit and makes them seem more exclusive. With that said I have smoked both the natural and maduro and had a very hard draw on both. Almost headache inducing. I've been told by the folks at the B&M most of the WOA are like that. Love the short stories though. The Best Sellers seem popular as well.

I tried a short story a couple weeks ago with my father and sister, and it was a great smoke (Dad agreed, sis didn't). The shop owner at the B&M where we purchsed them said he doesn't get them terribly often and they sell out quickly. I don't know how true that is, but I just ordered a box of signatures the other day online, as I want to have some of these tasty and not terribly expensive cigars close at hand. I can't really speak as to the availability of the various sizes at large B&M's, as there aren't any (that I am aware of) within an hour's drive for me.

With that said I have smoked both the natural and maduro and had a very hard draw on both. Almost headache inducing. I've been told by the folks at the B&M most of the WOA are like that.
Hmmm, I've never had a WOA that had a tough draw, and I've had quite a few.

With that said I have smoked both the natural and maduro and had a very hard draw on both. Almost headache inducing. I've been told by the folks at the B&M most of the WOA are like that.
Hmmm, I've never had a WOA that had a tough draw, and I've had quite a few.

My starting to wonder what RH the "Vault" at my B&M is. They say 65%, but who knows.

I have only had the Short Story and was very impressed.
Easy draw,Good burn and good construction. And good flavor IMHO :whistling: