• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heres my setup!

bootown

Hey guys I just wanted to share with you my humi till Curio-dor Project! is done. The B&M's we have in London are sad so I don't have alot of good choices, I have to go to KW to get a so/so assortment. I do with what I can!

The bottom of the humi is 3-4 cigars deep

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

Nice setup!

PS. What are those white spots on the Monte at the bottom of your humidor? (plum or mold?)

It is just ploom it is powdery the flash just brings it out more.

Edit: as soon as I read your reply I went and checked you can't really see it without the flash :) You had me worried; They are old #4's my dad had that where starting to dry out he had forgotten about them. Probley another 3-4 months before I can smoke them, they just sit there and tease me they are from 2003

It is just ploom it is powdery the flash just brings it out more.

Edit: as soon as I read your reply I went and checked you can't really see it without the flash :) You had me worried; They are old #4's my dad had that where starting to dry out he had forgotten about them. Probley another 3-4 months before I can smoke them, they just sit there and tease me they are from 2003

If you say so... :rolleyes:

I like the glasstop humidor. Is that analog hygrometer accurate? It doesn't look like the typical crappy analog hygrometers.

Its a bit off, I have my Oasis at 68.5 and it reads 58 so its out by about 10

I have to say that looks like mold my friend.

Edit to add: Plume is distributed evenly, while mold tends to bunch like this pic. It does not look bad yet though. You can wipe it down and still smoke it, as long as there is no fuzz at the foot.

Nice setup.

By looking at your pics. The humidity reading is at 888. A little high for this time of year?

Nice setup.

By looking at your pics. The humidity reading is at 888. A little high for this time of year?

haha ya I normly only keep it at 700! j/k flash plays tricks with the reading :p

As for the mold on the cigars I have taken them and wiped them down and placed them in there own zipplock bag. I though it was ploom due to the powder texture, this sucks. I am going over the others right now to make sure it did not spread.

Good looking set up, but I would have to concur with everyone else. Mold indeed

Good looking set up, but I would have to concur with everyone else. Mold indeed

Ya I wiped them off, but I am not sure if they are going to be smokeable yet, they have only been in there for about a month and they where about 50% dryed out. Is there anyway of removing the mold and killing it? like freezing them? So I can put them back into the humi to restore?

When I remove surface mold, I get a lint free cloth, mist it ever so slightly with distilled water, and wipe the affected area, turning the cloth if necessary. I have heard that using a Q tip with some white vinegar on it will kill the mold and the scent will dissapate but I have never done this. My experience has been that as long as the mold is white, on the surface and NOT at the foot, a wipedown is usually fine and you can put them back in the humi. Most of the time I do individually bag the affected sticks just in case. I am not convinced that freezing will kill any mold. I wouldn't worry too much. What I would worry more about is how long were they dried out for? If it was a long while I think you will lose some flavor.

Edit to add: and make SURE your humidity is under 70 so the mold doesn't return. If you say it isn't over 70, I would check again.

Hey guys I just wanted to share with you my humi till Curio-dor Project! is done. The B&M's we have in London are sad so I don't have alot of good choices, I have to go to KW to get a so/so assortment. I do with what I can!

The bottom of the humi is 3-4 cigars deep

DSCN0617.jpg

How old is that LA Aurora that you have there?? I've got three in my Humi from 2001.
It's my all-time favorite cigar. Rated it very highly in my data base.

I'll post my rating below.

La Aurora Preferidos No. 1 (Dominican Republic)
02/07/2009

Test conditions
Place: Bas's place
Event: Che part 1
Lighter: Gas
Cutter:
Drink:

Rating (19.67/20)
Construction: 20 / 20 Draw: 19 / 20
Appearance: 20 / 20 Aroma (foot) 9 / 10
Smoke && ash: 10 / 10 Aroma (body) 10 / 10
Burn: 20 / 20 Aroma (head) 10 / 10

Tasting notes: WOW what a cigar. This is the best cigar I have ever smoked. Toast and leather tones and a hint of tea. A really beautiful cigar with a fantastic golden sheen. The only slight criticism is that maybe this cigar was a bit to loose. However this could be resolved by cutting a little less off. This one is from 2001 so aging this smoke is a must. The ash of this cigar didn't fall off and was only removed by us when we had smoked more that 2/3 and nearly all of it.

Price / value: 20 / 20

Cigar information
Brand: La Aurora
Name: Preferidos No. 1
Size: 127 mm / 54 standard rg

Tobacco information
Wrapper leaf: Cameroon
Binder leaf: Dominican Republic
Filler leaf: Brazil / Dominican Republic/Camaroon

I got it in January when I was in the DR my wife got it for me as a gift for our anni. It is a La Aurora Preferidos Gold 1903 Edition like the one in my sig picture with the gold tube.

When I remove surface mold, I get a lint free cloth, mist it ever so slightly with distilled water, and wipe the affected area, turning the cloth if necessary. I have heard that using a Q tip with some white vinegar on it will kill the mold and the scent will dissapate but I have never done this. My experience has been that as long as the mold is white, on the surface and NOT at the foot, a wipedown is usually fine and you can put them back in the humi. Most of the time I do individually bag the affected sticks just in case. I am not convinced that freezing will kill any mold. I wouldn't worry too much. What I would worry more about is how long were they dried out for? If it was a long while I think you will lose some flavor.

Edit to add: and make SURE your humidity is under 70 so the mold doesn't return. If you say it isn't over 70, I would check again.

Thank you for the info! I wiped them down, I will keep them in a sepreat container and I will check my humidity, I did turn it down to 65 on the Oasis.

I got it in January when I was in the DR my wife got it for me as a gift for our anni. It is a La Aurora Preferidos Gold 1903 Edition like the one in my sig picture with the gold tube.

Thank you for the info! I wiped them down, I will keep them in a sepreat container and I will check my humidity, I did turn it down to 65 on the Oasis.

What I have heard is that they do really need aging. Though I couldn't tell you.

I didn't try one until somewhere last week.

There going fast at my local though. I think he only has about six left :)