• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Herf in or around Central AL

nick

hey there everyone, i have been posting this message around some of the boards and haven't had much luck with it, but are there any southeastern smokers that would like to get togather in or around Bham, AL for at least a mini herf and maybe start an annual (or more often) event?

I just know that there have to be some others like me that are new and also don't quite have the means to attend all of the big herfs yet (like socal and lol)

let me know if anyone, in the region or not, is interested in the idea

thanks,

Nick

Welcome to CigarPass!

There are plenty of cigar people around the Birmingham area. Seems there was at one time a group of folks that met once a month at Tobacco Leaf, but alas allack, it fell by the wayside and now, none of the shops seem to want to be involved. You might want to ask Tobacco Leaf and they could give you more info.

The Briary has a good spot to hang out and Mr. Blackburn at Blackburn's is always up for a smoke and conversation.

Do you know these places?

I might be up for getting together sometime for a smoke as I am in south Shelby county.

Stick with CigarPass. Read some. Post some. Join a pass. Enjoy!
JerryG

wow, hey jerry, i appreciate it, yes, i know of the blackburns, but have enjoyed visiting the century plaza location more, only been to gallaria store once, but remember a couple smoking there. i have limited time, but can make my own arrangements since i just started my own wrecker business, but i am sure i could find a way to smoke with a fellow alabamian, and maybe start a group back up with regular get togethers,

i am in gardendale, so i am 30 mins or less from most any place in town, let me know what you think about getting togather if nothing else, we'll burn a few and discuss geting others involved.

Hell yeah...you need to burn a few with Jerry. If I were to describe southern hopitality in a herfin sense, Jerry would be my model citizen!

Emo

emo, check out my post in the lol thread and let me know what you think

nick

Thank you Emo - you are too kind.

Nick,

Mr. Blackburn, the dad, likes to hang mostly at the Galleria store and a son is mostly at Century. Another son is at Galleria alot too.

The Briary is on Oxmoor near the ice skating lodge. They are nice folks as well.

Tobacco Leaf is over in Mountain Brook. Crestline, I think.

And then, of course, you have Dee's Package store on GreenSprings. They have a nice, but pricey, selection. They do a heckuva internet business.

Email me and we'll try and get together.

JerryG