• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Herfin' with Pete Johnson at Tobacco Road in DFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc, Jim (harpu) is a great guy. You haven't met him personally and trust me, you are missing out. He may not have a large post count here, but he has been here quite a while. Post count doesn't mean much. Character does, and jim has it. He has simply gotten together a good oppurtunity for people and posted on here to make it available to everyone.
That's all fine and good. I have re-read the thread and I don't see anyone calling him or anyone else out. The thread where Pete "expressed his opinions" to the membership is linked above, and let's just say that there are a rather large number of folks on this page that don't choose to patronize Pete and will not attend the herf....and have said so. They didn't say harpu was a bad guy, they said they wouldn't be attending. I won't either, due to the issues outlined in that thread. Harpu is free to post any event he is hosting, but I and the membership is also free to say we're not going to attend, and mention why. This can be done without any personal insults, unlike harpu's replies in this thread:

Like Confusious (or one of his brothers) once said; 'Perhaps you' should just ES&D and my world will still rotate around good smokes!
If you only knew dickwad, if you only knew!
...now, this is the guy you are defending? A "great guy"...?? I don't know him from jack but I have to say the first impressions aren't going very well. I would, however, think twice about defending a guy that can't make a point without resorting to that type of rhetoric.

My point is he's free to post the event, we're free to say we're not going, and that should be that. No need for personal insults or other nonsense in thread.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

Trust me, I've read all the RANTs about Pete but he's done a hell of lot more for great cigars than he's done to piss off a few 'wish they were's'...
You might feel differently had you been treated the way Pete treated not one but two other dealers that posted in that thread. These are guys that we've all done a ton of business with and don't like to see them treated like he did.

It's nothing personal, but I will choose how and were I spend my money. If someone asks, I'll tell them why.

Good luck with the event; I'm sure there will be a lot of folks there, but there will be a lot of folks that choose not to go. I think you should respect their opinion.

B.B.S.

I am not saying that resorting to calling Doc names was right. But haven't we all made mistakes on here? Nobody is perfect. Some people on here don't like Pete. That has been expressed MANY times. Can we please leave what we already know alone, and just let this thread be? Instead of running his thread down, just leave it be if you don't like Pete.
B

Doc, Jim (harpu) is a great guy. You haven't met him personally and trust me, you are missing out. He may not have a large post count here, but he has been here quite a while. Post count doesn't mean much. Character does, and jim has it. He has simply gotten together a good oppurtunity for people and posted on here to make it available to everyone. I don't see any reason there to start cutting down what he has put together. We all know you have personal issues with Pete, but that doesn't matter. Let this HERF be a good thing for those that like him, and if you don't like him then don't come. But just let everyones personal issues with Pete stay away from this please.
B

Well, my .02$ worth is this: a great guy does not need to tell someone to 'ES&D' which to me means 'Eat $hit and Die'. Regardless of what he's put together, what Doc said did NOT - repeat DID NOT - deserve this kind of response. And to make a comment like a few 'wish they were's' - strike two! I personally feel that Pete showed a rather poor attitude towards his customers. If a store owner/emplyee showed the same attitude, how long do you think they would last? Just because he's Pete Johnson does NOT make him any better than anyone else. What ever happened to the 'customer is always right'?

So... defend this great guy all you want. He's been here long enough to know better. I for one am still boycotting his stuff and him.

Harpu, best of luck with the show.

Edit to add:
I am not saying that resorting to calling Doc names was right. But haven't we all made mistakes on here? Nobody is perfect. Some people on here don't like Pete. That has been expressed MANY times. Can we please leave what we already know alone, and just let this thread be? Instead of running his thread down, just leave it be if you don't like Pete.
B
You know as well as I do that won't happen. There is no way on God's green Earth I'm gonna let someone tell Doc to 'Eat $hit and Die' That was totally uncalled for, unprovoked and in my opion worth a ban from CP. This is an ADULT forum... we are all adults here. That kind of childish ranting deserves to be elsewhere.

Trust me, I've read all the RANTs about Pete but he's done a hell of lot more for great cigars than he's done to piss off a few 'wish they were's'...

And yet another pair of panties goes flying toward the stage......... :rolleyes:

I think I see a personality problem.

I've got some and you don't. CYA

...and now we have edited posts to complete the picture of this "great guy". Deleted everything he said. Swell.....

Doc, Jim (harpu) is a great guy. You haven't met him personally and trust me, you are missing out. He may not have a large post count here, but he has been here quite a while. Post count doesn't mean much. Character does, and jim has it. He has simply gotten together a good oppurtunity for people and posted on here to make it available to everyone. I don't see any reason there to start cutting down what he has put together. We all know you have personal issues with Pete, but that doesn't matter. Let this HERF be a good thing for those that like him, and if you don't like him then don't come. But just let everyones personal issues with Pete stay away from this please.
B

Well, my .02$ worth is this: a great guy does not need to tell someone to 'ES&D' which to me means 'Eat $hit and Die'. Regardless of what he's put together, what Doc said did NOT - repeat DID NOT - deserve this kind of response. And to make a comment like a few 'wish they were's' - strike two! I personally feel that Pete showed a rather poor attitude towards his customers. If a store owner/emplyee showed the same attitude, how long do you think they would last? Just because he's Pete Johnson does NOT make him any better than anyone else. What ever happened to the 'customer is always right'?

So... defend this great guy all you want. He's been here long enough to know better. I for one am still boycotting his stuff and him.

Harpu, best of luck with the show.

Edit to add:
B
You know as well as I do that won't happen. There is no way on God's green Earth I'm gonna let someone tell Doc to 'Eat $hit and Die' That was totally uncalled for, unprovoked and in my opion worth a ban from CP. This is an ADULT forum... we are all adults here. That kind of childish ranting deserves to be elsewhere.

I already said he was not right to call Doc names. But we have all made mistakes on here. None of us are perfect! I am just asking people to quit downing this HERF. If you were to get a HERF together with a special guest coming how would you feel when everyone started downing it?
B

I already said he was not right to call Doc names. But we have all made mistakes on here. None of us are perfect! I am just asking people to quit downing this HERF. If you were to get a HERF together with a special guest coming how would you feel when everyone started downing it?
B
Re-read the thread. No one "downed" anyone, they said they wouldn't attend. Huge difference. The thread went south when the "great guy" started insulting long term, respected members.

Folks make mistakes, but a sincere apology works wonders. Deleting posts and disappearing doesn't. It does speak to character, or lack thereof, however.....

B.B.S.

Please end your defense of me...I'm on the wrong forum and it bothers me not to admit it and check out.

I'll be just fine...trust me.

Whatever.....don't let the door hit you on the backside om the way out.......I will stick woth Al (puffnstuff), Devil Doc and teh liek of others any day ow the week and twice on Sunday.......Later Harpu!

I'm sure that if your posts show Pete some respect, you'll get a pat on the back from Pete at an event somewhere...but the reality is that on CP 'tatuaje' has been less than admirable. I cringe at the idea of reading his meltdown because of what we have done on the boards to promote his line and then see him go off the way he has. I know that he's just a guy too but since he's decided to put himself in a different part of the cigar (manufacturer) that he shouldn't resort to cheap shots and should maintain a higher level when posting. It doesn't make any sense to do something like that when we all post on many different forums because it would mean a dent in sales.

Everyone has made up there own mind about him and is free to choose to support or boycott.

I personally do not see anymore tatuaje purchases in my future, for some reason they stopped tasting good about 7 months ago...

Hey Harpu - why did you delete all of your posts? Because you insulted several members and broke several rules? Like Doc said, read more.

Want to apologize?

Harpu - don't PM me asking me to "pull the thread". You made some very poor choices in how you conducted yourself here. Again, care to apologize?

B

Mistakes are mistakes, and it depends on how you RECOVER from them. That shows true character... and deleting posts speaks volumes.

As far as the herf, I did wish him all the best. But from what I've read he doesn't always show up. For that I wish Harpu the best of luck even more. But the thread may have started about the herf, but as things happen his postings/attitude changed it towards him. Sorry to threadjack if that's not what everyone else saw.

Seems like it will be a great herf. If everyone is like tatuaje and harpu there should plenty of short tempers and knives in the back for everyone. Sign me up!!

Harpu - don't PM me asking me to "pull the thread". You made some very poor choices in how you conducted yourself here. Again, care to apologize?
I would not:

a) waste my breath
b) hold my breath

Harpu, you've acted like a complete ass. You may have been registered for some time, but you sure as heck haven't learned a thing about CigarPass in that time. And you certainly have not made yourself aware of one of the better respected members here.

Why do cigar forums attract so many low grade, internet tough guys. :rolleyes:

It's a rhetorical question, harpu. No answer from you is requested or desired. Just do us a favor and get lost. Please.

Wilkey

Well, I can tell you I will never visit Tobacco Road in DFW.

Pete should fit right in with a classless character such as yourself.

Harpu has been banned. Obviously he doesn't care about being a member of this community.

Here's my question, why post on a thread like this if you're just bashing the event? I understand the disgust for Pete, but why bash someone for trying to provide a service for their customers? If you don't like Pete, that's fine, but don't hate the people that do, or try to convince people not to attend something that someone else has worked hard to put together. I know I'm going to hear that nobody said that, but it was the connotation. If you don't like an event, don't post on it. There's no reasons to come in and take a dump on someone else's cornflakes.

I just want you guys to realize that Jim had done alot for the local CP community. He was a silent member on CP. He read alot, but didn't post much. Just because someone doesn't live in your city or go to your shop doesn't mean they are not valuable members of a community.

Jim has done nothing but open his arms wide to the DFW CP guys, and I can imagine how he felt when someone, in his opinion, attacked his hard work. I know alot of members who would have acted the same of worse if put in his situation. Does it make it right? No, but does it mean he should be banned?

Post count doesn't mean someone's valuable or not valuable, look at the people they affect, the people they influence, the people that value them. That's a better judge than a number!

Status
Not open for further replies.