• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Herfin' with smokeymo...

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
I headed up to Chicago to meet up and herf with Mitchell from Cgars Ltd. on Wednesday. The day started witha 3 hour drive to Mitchell's friend Rami's house. I got there a few minytes before they got back from breakfast and when theya rrived we began smoking. Mitchell offered up a H. Upmann Conn. #1 that was a great smoke for starting out the day. We decided since it was his first time in Chicago we would drive downtown. Well, waht should have been a 1.2 hour drive into town turned into a 1.25 hour drive, which didn't leave us with a lot of time to wander the streets. We made a stop at Iwan Ries tobacconist, which I will not do again. They were unpleasent to say the least. You would think that it would have been their pleasure to meet up with someone as knowledgable and as genuinly wonderful a person as Mitchell, but I guess not. Mitchell offered one of the gentleman a nice Havan and he turned him down. Oh well, on to the river where we snapped a few pictures. The we went bakc to Rami's to drive to the herf/dinner that some ASC guys had set up for Mitchell. I had not intended to go to the dinner, but with a little, a very little, arm twisting I went along. The dinner was in St. Charles, which is quite a drive from the city. Rami, programmed the GPS and I followed. Well, we eventually made it there only getting seperated once. :) The dinner was at a place called Capones Hideaway. What a wonderful place. It was actually a speakeasy in the 20's that Capone, along with other gangsters used to "party" at. For more info on Capone's Hideaway you can get in touch with me. I don't kow if I can get you the directions, but I can tell you about it. LMAO I forgot to mention that I enjoyed another HU Conn. #1 on the way to dinner, and it was just as nice as the other. Dinner was filled with cigar stories, advice on different vitolas from Mitch and frequent passing out of smokes. I enjoyed another HU Conn. #1, like Mitchell said. "You never turn down a nice Havana." LMAO I also had a HdM Le Hoyo Du Prince and a RA 898. Then Mitchell and Rami had to depart for another herf at the Four Seasons in the city. I decided to follow a couple of the other guys that were heading back to Wisconsin and get on the road myself. Well, after a long drive back I arrived home with great memories and a need to visit London in the near future. I hope, or should I say, I know, you fortunate folks in California are going to have a blast over the next few days meeting up with Mitchell. Thanks for the great time Mitch!
Pictures can be seen at http://photos.yahoo.com/smokinmattr