• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Herfing in IL.

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
Does it exist?

LOL!!

I never see anyone posting a HERF here.

Does anyone have any interest I found this sweet new place in Schaumbug, IL
Called the Fox and Hound Smokehouse and Tavern.

I put of a description over on CW database of places to smoke..

Let me know if anyone is game.. I am open to anytime...

Probably one of the bigger herfs of the year is in Illinois.... downstate though.... The Land of Lincoln Herf. I don't get up to the city very often, but if you're ever downstate, look us up. We herf almost every Saturday morning and are always open to any other time.

I'm always up for a smoke. Anytime after the holiday's.

No offense Alex, but you must not have looked very hard. One of the biggest events going is the LOL Herf which is in ILLINOIS :0 This has been discussed in numerous threads on many occasions here and a few other boards.

It's usually the second week in October and has been held for the past four years. ;)

Speaking of CW, what is friggin' going on over there? That site is crashed more often than it's up. ???

LOL herf V may be in September next year......... :D

I should of stated close to the chicago area.

I have read many good things about the Lincoln Herfs..

Sorry GUYS..

Let me restate..LOL!!

ANY HERF IN THE CHICAGO LAND AREA??? :whistling:

alex.. you should look up ucmba here or at CW.

Awwwwww C'MON, Springfield is "Chicago area" enough for ya :D Hell, it's only a three hour drive. ;)

I drive three hours for herfs in NYC without even thinking twice about it. At least I-55 is pretty flat and straight and you don't have to deal with Connecticut drivers :0

coventrycat86 said:
Awwwwww C'MON, Springfield is "Chicago area" enough for ya :D Hell, it's only a three hour drive. ;)

I drive three hours for herfs in NYC without even thinking twice about it. At least I-55 is pretty flat and straight and you don't have to deal with Connecticut drivers :0
[snapback]148969[/snapback]​
Come clean, you drive 3 hours to Herf because you have no life and at least the guys at the herf will accept you as a psuedo-friend. :whistling:

emo

I'm with you, alexgtp...

I know there are smoke shops in the Chicago area that do events... Most I've been to are nice. My local shop does a downtown Chicago thing from time to time. They did a Herf at Cucina Roma in Lincolnshire (now closed :( ) last year which was VERY nice!!!

I'm up for a Herf after the holidays - The Schaumburg area seems to be fairly centrally (west) located... I hope you can generate some interest! :thumbs:

If you guys wanna do something in the Chicago area after the holidays, LMK. I'm sure I can come up with a few folks to have a herf. Lunch at Charlie Beinlich's and smokes at Cigar King is our usual afternoon herfing, when I come up.

Sounds like a plan.

I am actually hading up to fox an ound thurdsday evenign with some friends to drink eat ans SMOKE...any one wanna show up?

alexgtp said:
Sounds like a plan.

I am actually hading up to fox an ound thurdsday evenign with some friends to drink eat ans SMOKE...any one wanna show up?
[snapback]150380[/snapback]​

Wish I could

Sometime after the Holiday's sounds good.

You really need to keep an eye on those downstaters though - they tend to smoke Dutch Masters and drink Milwaukees Best by the truckload! :whistling:

macattak said:
You really need to keep an eye on those downstaters though - they tend to smoke Dutch Masters and drink Milwaukees Best by the truckload! :whistling:
[snapback]152723[/snapback]​

And eat Thai food by the bucket load..... :)

Kinda looks like this thread died...anyone still interested? I'm in the Woodstock area and would like to attend should it happen.

NOt dead.

A cple of us got together last week.

I will start a new thread.

I am waiting on some cigars to get here. and some humidity beads.
Once I get these we will be getting together with some og the guys to trade cigars..and herf away.

I like the idea too!! Alex introduced me to the Fox and Hounds place in Schaumburg. It's centrally located in the Chicago area - probably a little easier to get to for MattR and Mephiston (and others coming from out of town) because it's only about a mile off I-90, on major streets.

They have great overstuffed leather couches and chairs - near pool tables and dart boards - TV's everywhere. They've got a reasonably priced menu with good food, and of course good drinks. Plenty of room to stretch out. AND THEY ALLOW CIGARS!!!!

We gotta bring our own cigars (like that's a problem) because their humi is rather sad looking... We should plan on doing something at the end of this month, early March.

What say all???

ohmanthere again?hmm Ok i'm in.Bahhdamn work puters the space bar doesn't work right