• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hi everybody

Woo

Hi everyone.

I'm a 20 year old Australian fella, and my mate and I bought pipes back in December. We both bought Gigi pipes, and here's some pictures of mine.

gigi.jpg

pipe%20box%20case.jpg

Apparently, there's only 500 of this type made in the world, which if true, I'd think is pretty special :)

At the moment, I'm smoking bourbon whiskey flavoured "Borkum Riff" tobacco, which I think is a bit old, but I'm a strugging student at the moment, so it'll have to do.

So, I look forward to learning from you all :)

Woo

Welcome from NYC.....

I don't smoke pipes, but I do enjoy the smell of them

I don't smoke it very often myself. I also occasionally have a cigar with my dad.

Welcome to CP Woo. The Radice Company which makes the Gigi makes some of the best Italian pipes these days. Here are some pictures of the Radice family at their workshop:

Radice

Another great Italian pipe is the Lorenzo Pipe. They have been making pipes for over a hundred years. I have three and love them.

This is my first ever pipe, and I figure I started off with a pretty decent one. I've seen boxes of 20 real corn corn-cob pipes for sale on ebay for $10, and I've toyed with getting one just for gags, but, I don't even smoke the Gigi enough to justify having 20 corn-cobs :p

Oh and thanks for the welcome :) I'd just had a smoke today out of the blue, and thought "what am I doing wrong?" so I came on here, and read "pipesmoking 101" and realised the answer was everything! I'll get it right sooner or later I'd imagine

Welcome from Japan. Couldn't have found a greater group of people to chat, trade and learn with. Enjoy both the pipe and cigar sections of CP.

-K-

Thanks guys.

I love to learn, and I've always thought that if I was going to smoke anything, it should be a pipe, and a mate had the same thought.

We were walking through Sydney and came across this gorgeous little tobacconist, which had men with big handlebar moustaches sipping espresso coffee (served by the tobacconist) and smoking pipes. In the display were a selection of "cheap" pipes, and 3 Gigi's. We haggled with the guy, using our purchasing power (2 pipes you see), and talked him down $15 for each pipe with 2x25gram snaplock bags of tobacco.

We were pleased as punch.

A big welcome from South Wales here, Woo! (The Old one, that is.) Those corncobs sound like a good deal. Check if they're made in Washington, Missouri (there might be a sticker on the bottom). If so, buy. The reason they come in bulk is because they don't last too long. The inner "shell" of the bowl only has a limited absorbency, unlike brier, which can go on for ever if properly treated. But corns are great fun. I'm currently on my fourth. See ya some more, buddy!

Do you inhale pipe smoke? if so its alot more dangerous than cigars