• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

High Rollers MAW/PIF

SPIVY

THE STIG
There is one of these on another forum that I post on. It seems like a blast. I am sure that some of us can only dream of participating in these type of threads, but they are a blast to watch. What does everyone think? Should we have one here as well? I think we should nominate a FOG or Rod to be the first "wisher" and then let it flow. Tentative rules are:

1) This is for rare/vintage/hard to find premiums only. Things you wouldn't ask for in any of the regular MAW/PIF threads (Dunhills, Davidoffs, Pre-Castro Cubans, Opus Maduros, Original Anejos). Just basically anything out of the ordinary enough to stand out from the regular MAW.

2) Adding to the above rule, please keep your wishes realistic. Relatively :laugh:

3) Be fair... please do not gift a $40 cigar with 2 or 3 tag-alongs (having a combined value of say $75) - and then ask for a $75 cigar... especially considering that the $75 cigar will probably come with some extra tag-alongs too. Though, do not expect tag-alongs. If they show up, great, if not be happy either way.

4) Once you commit to send someone their wish, make yours. Please expand your wishes after 48-72 hours (as these are higher end cigars, the additional time seems to be justified).

Well what do you guys think?

Looks like I jumped the gun on this. Stupid noobie :)

I couldn't think of a $75 cigar if I had to! This is definitely not for me :laugh:. Cool idea though!

Seems to be a lot of high roller wishes going on in the regular thread.

Seems to be a lot of high roller wishes going on in the regular thread.

When it does it bogs down the thread. I think this may be a great addition.

I guess I don't see the appeal. There aren't a whole lot of people on this forum with ammo like that, seems that if they wanted to give it away to people they would send it out wish or not.

Isn't one Make a Wish thread enough?

You're talking about some pretty high end stuff. That kind of stuff just doesn't fly around willy nilly. I don't think people should be asking others to give up stuff like that.

If people want to trade sticks like this, they should post in the B/S/T forum for trades.

Just my opinion.

IMO this level of "MAWPIF" won't take off here like the place you got the idea from. There just isn't that level of rare Cuban trading here anymore and the people with them/rare domestics like Opus Maduros, VSG ERs etc. aren't eager to get rid of them.

IMO this level of "MAWPIF" won't take off here like the place you got the idea from. There just isn't that level of rare Cuban trading here anymore and the people with them/rare domestics like Opus Maduros, VSG ERs etc. aren't eager to get rid of them.

I agree; some of the wishes on the other forum don't get fulfilled and there are many more guys over there that can do it than here. It would be putting the burden on a very small group of people to keep trying to grant wishes imo.

I agree; some of the wishes on the other forum don't get fulfilled and there are many more guys over there that can do it than here. It would be putting the burden on a very small group of people to keep trying to grant wishes imo.
Agreed. This thread needs to just die out since there are 2 other threads out there. Like Mike and Phil stated, the involvement here would be slim, so those wishing for the high end stuff, just continue doing it in the other thread. If someone isn't willing to give it up in the other thread for people, there's not going to be that much of a change because of this thread.

If you want to trade HTF stuff, do like Alan said and throw out a trade ISO in the B/S/T forum.