• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

High v Low Humidity

jsgorman

I purchased some cigars from a LCDH in Shanghai. I'm pretty confident of their authenticity, but think that the store has had a spotty record of maintaining constant humidity.

I'm wondering what the pitfalls of a cigar that had at times been over-humidified are? If there is no mold growth - but the cigar is on the more rough hewn side - will this affect the smokability once I get this thing into my humidification system (which is constant and about 65-67%)?

Thanks!

I purchased some cigars from a LCDH in Shanghai. I'm pretty confident of their authenticity, but think that the store has had a spotty record of maintaining constant humidity.

I'm wondering what the pitfalls of a cigar that had at times been over-humidified are? If there is no mold growth - but the cigar is on the more rough hewn side - will this affect the smokability once I get this thing into my humidification system (which is constant and about 65-67%)?

Thanks!

As long it's not moldy just let it sit in your humidor for 2-3wks or more and it should smoke fine. But make sure there isn't any mold, you wouldn't want to pollute your entire collection...

Always let your smokes rest for about 30 days so you can ensure that they are properly humidified. Improper RH levels can affect the draw, burn and flavor of your smokes, so it's best to wait.

Hope this helps
~Mark