• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Highland Park 18yr

Treamayne

On the run...
Well, this is my first attempt at reviewing a scotch. Seeing as how I am extremely new to scotch, I doubt I can do this any justice, but here goes.

One of three 333ml bottles in a sampler pack I found here in Okinawa, Highland Park 18yr is the first I broke open, since it is also the name of one of the streets on which I live on Kadena. 86 proof and a deep, rich caramel brown it smells great with a promise of smokey flavor. I don't have a well developed palate, but the taste was excellent with no hint of the alcohol burn you get from lesser liquors. Smooth, slightly sweet taste that lasts for a few moments after you finish. I enjoyed a couple fingers with a DCM Double Corona and had an excellent night couped up while enduring This Typhoon.

Hints, tips and comments are welcome.

-K-

I thought that the finish lasted for a very long time as I stated in my review back in January, 2004. Surprised you thought it was short but the cigar might have caused that. Nice review and I'll be looking for at least the other two sometime in the future. :cool:

As for a tip, I always do the scotch review notes before lighting up so the two things don't fight each other while I try to catch all the subtle flavors of the scotch.

Back