• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Highland Park Single Malt

PaulMac

Highland Park Un-Chill filtered bottling by Signatory, Distilled on 29th May 1990, botlled on 19th September 2003, Cask no. 5111, Bottle 230 of 339, 46 ABV (92 Proof) 750 ml bottle, available for in the neighborhood of $40-45.

My first ever independant bottled scotch, so I figured might as well go with one that I like the official bottlings of. Highland Park has the distinction of being the northernmost distillery in Scotland, located on the island of Orkney.

The color is a very pale yellow, almost like a sauvignon blanc would be. Nose is smoky and heathery, very appetizing. Body is medium to full and very smooth, Palate is powerfully smoky at the start, and dry, mellowing to a delicious finish with hints of spice, heather and maltiness.

I gotta say, this is a very good one, and makes me definately in a mood to try more independant bottlings. There are more flavors than I can confidently identify in this malt, but whatever is there, its good :p

So if ya can find it, this is a great scotch, if not, the official bottling of 12 yr. old is probably rather similar, it has been quite some time since I had it, but remember it making an impression. Until next time...

Slainte!

PaulMac

Tapadh leibh (thank you) Mac, for your review! I'll have to keep an eye out for this one as it is not I have on hand.

Slainte mhath!