• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hmmm. Coolerdore advice wanted...

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
Gents (and Ladies),
 Need some guidance here. I think I've thought of everything, but y'all's opinions carry weight.

Coolerdore. Big ass Coleman. Big red one. Air tight. 100 qt or whatever. Interior house temp when set up: ~72-ish
Smokes/boxes pullled from 65F wineador.
2.5 lbs beads. Hum = 65 solid. All good.
Ambient inside air stays 72-ish.
Cooler inside ambient starting to maintain 77-79F
Middle of house, no sun, 3/4 full, boxes and smokes were at 65RH when put in.

I'm kinda at a loss here. On the one hand I don't want to worry like a n00b, but on the other, I have some seriously good smokes y'all have sent.

What can I do better?

I'm sure I haven't mentioned the right "ah ha!" detail, so...ask and advise. Why would a cooler start to warm inside?

Thoughts? Help?

-Trey

I guess my real question is 75/65 good to go?

Dammit. I just need a walk in wineador fridged humi.

Trey, I had a cabinet that I simply couldn't get below 74.  It took a pretty substantial beetle outbreak and a lot of ruined cigars to make the leap to a winedor. 

I'd try to get my ambient temperature down a bit, open it up for an hour or so, close it up, and recheck it in a day or so.  You've done the big things to try to keep it cool... maybe move it into a closet?

giannilibrizzi said:
That's called a big wineador Trey!

Sheesh!
Dude...my next step up in wineador is going to have to be walk-in size. No way J is tolerating that! :p

(I wonder if I can get two and have them next to each other...would she notice...)

-Trey

Try opening the drain plug. You may not be getting enough air exchange. I'm guessing that you're putting in whole boxes which is good. leave air space between and around piles of boxes. I went the way of over caution and augment that room with a portable AC unit. They vent via hose out a window. Drops the temp of the room to 67/68 and my cooler was typically in that range. Bedroom is also where I store my cigars. I have sleep apnea and it turned out the Doc wanted me sleeping in 67* so it worked out great.

What about some of those battery operated Glade fans....without the scent insert of course.  Get some air movement in there.

I keep mine in my downstairs area.  It's always 4-5 degrees cooler down there than the rest of the house.    Just a thought if you have an area like that.

Spad31 said:
Gents (and Ladies),
 Need some guidance here. I think I've thought of everything, but y'all's opinions carry weight.

Coolerdore. Big ass Coleman. Big red one. Air tight. 100 qt or whatever. Interior house temp when set up: ~72-ish
Smokes/boxes pullled from 65F wineador.
2.5 lbs beads. Hum = 65 solid. All good.
Ambient inside air stays 72-ish.
Cooler inside ambient starting to maintain 77-79F
Middle of house, no sun, 3/4 full, boxes and smokes were at 65RH when put in.

I'm kinda at a loss here. On the one hand I don't want to worry like a n00b, but on the other, I have some seriously good smokes y'all have sent.

What can I do better?

I'm sure I haven't mentioned the right "ah ha!" detail, so...ask and advise. Why would a cooler start to warm inside?

Thoughts? Help?

-Trey

What I did in my winadore is this:

About half of my beads I wet and the other half I didn't. Sounds crazy I'm sure but it seems to be working.

As far as the temperature if you have a basement that's cooler I'd put it inthere.
All of the vents in my basement are closed so in the Winter it's about 50-55 down there and usually no warmer that 65 in the Summer.
I haven't even plugged my wineadore in since I moved it down there.

I'd slso very seriously consider dong a wineadore instead.