• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoja De Nicaragua

Bonfire Smoke

Bonfire Smoke
I have a friend that just returned from a trip to Nicaragua. She brought me a five pack of Hoja De Nicaragua. It had to be the most awful cigar I ever tasted. Pure POS. I gave it about three puffs and then the hole five pack went in the trash. I would never tell her, but when she goes back I will hint for something different.

Would have loved to seen some pics before you threw them away :p

I could'nt agree more with you in regards to that particular cigar , my bro/inlaw gave me one a few years ago at xmas and it was a real dog rocket ( actually I think smoking one of my dogs turds would have been better ) . I smoked it after dinner and nearly threw up my meal , I had a Boli #2 after it to clean the taste buds.
BTW Issy , it is a Hoya de Nicaragua Consul because I kept the band to make sure I did not make the mistake of buying one , stay away from that brand it really is SH%t .
Here's the website . www.cigars.com.au/

No, it is Hoja.

I have a pic of the band, but I can not get it to post.

That's probably why is was a dog rocket... it's more than likely a rip off Joya de Nic, the Antano's are one of my all time favs.

No, it is Hoja.

That's probably why is was a dog rocket... it's more than likely a rip off Joya de Nic, the Antano's are one of my all time favs.

Yeah... they had me scratching my head as well, the old school Joya were awesome.

Hoja%20gr3.JPG

This them?

Yup thats them , the Joya is a great smoke and makes that brand look like tree bark wrapped in a tobacco leaf .

No, it is Hoja.

Yeah... they had me scratching my head as well, the old school Joya were awesome.

Hoja%20gr3.JPG

This them?

Yea these are not as good as a Joya De Nicaragua

Yep, those are the POS I was talking about.

As NIKO said, it's probably a knockoff. They've even taken the same name that JOYA uses for one of their vitolas. Stick with the REAL Joyas...you'll be much happier.

I don't even think its a knock off... totally different brand label.

*edit* doesn't Hoja mean leaf?