• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holiday thoughts...................

gaspagoo

Genetics & Bad Decisions
When my wife and I get together with our families for the holidays, I experience many emotions. I enjoy the time with family that I have not seen for a while, but I also remember.

Remember those who are not there.
Those who taught us things that cannot be learned at any major university.
Those who are in some way directly or indirectly responsible for our being there.
Those who took us fishing or hunting.
Those who made us laugh until it hurt.
Those who we wish we could have spent more time with.
Those who influenced us in ways we never realized until we were physically without them.
Those who loved us unconditionally.

I think of these people, wishing they would come through the door.

Yet, as I think of them I think of my unborn son. Whom I will teach, take, tease, influence, and love. I think of the beautiful future that I will experience with him, and the memories I will make.

What a wonderful feeling.

I'm sure anyone reading this knows the emotion that I am talking about, but also know that the future is where the memories are that we will make with those that we are here for.

Feelings very much the same here. Our little girl will be having her second Christmas this year and she's brought that wonderful spirit back that seems to have been missing for many years. Tree's up, lights are glowing, decorations abound! Life is good.