• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holiday Weekend Lineup

Kryo

Pyro first, smoke second
Ahhh.. the official start of summer and my first real time off this year!!
woohoo.gif

I am 5 mins away from heading out the door for a long deserved extended weekend getaway to the family cabin. No internet, no phone lines, no stress.. Heck, if something did go wrong I probally wont hear about it cause I can claim the cell phone didnt get a signal! :D

For this wonderous trip in order to totally relax a proper selection of cigars is mandatory. :thumbs: On deck:

PAM 64 Exclusivo, for the 5+ hour drive
LGC Serie R #5
Greycliff Crystal Robusto
PAM 26 #9
Davidoff Millennium Petit Corona
A. Feunte WOAM
Partagas Lusi
Opus X xXx Power Ranger

A Report, some reviews, and hopefully pictures of trophy-sized walleye on my hook to arrive sometime next week. :) Have a good weekend everyone!!

You've got a damn fine lineup there, enjoy yourself!! :D

Need any help smoking those, just give me a shout! :sign:

He's suffering from NEH syndrome (NOT Enough Havanas :D )

The dark side is calling you Peter............................

coventrycat86 said:
He's suffering from NEH syndrome (NOT Enough Havanas :D )

The dark side is calling you Peter............................
You're suffering from CES (Cuban Evangelist Syndrome). Take two Partagas and call me in the morning. ;)

You're suffering from CES (Cuban Evangelist Syndrome).

LMAO @ Moki. :D

Unfortunately, I wish that was the case. My problem is I truly do enjoy them more than anything else. :love:

Is anyone aware of a HA (Havana Anonymous) chapter near me I can look into? I need HELP :p

coventrycat86 said:
Unfortunately, I wish that was the case. My problem is I truly do enjoy them more than anything else. :love:
pssssssst... the more you try to get other people to smoke 'em, the fewer there are available for you. ;)

Kryo said:
PAM 64 Exclusivo, for the 5+ hour drive
I don't think that would last me long enough for a drive that long, I'd have to have two :p

Ok... first report. Weather decided not to be entirely friendly this weekend. Friday was the best day and I saw sunshine again as I was leaving to come back home Monday afternoon. :angry: Only managed to smoke 3 of the target cigars as I was not going to stand outside in a downpour and smoking indoors was not a option.

PAM 64 - Classic Padron. Smooth, creamy, strong, and the only harshness involved was when I managed to give a 2nd degree burn to my thumb picking up the lighter after it fell on the floor. :sign: A solid benchmark of a good stick that I love to set the others to.

As for the drive itself, its cut into 3 segments and I could only really smoke during one of em. #1 is traffic hell where people are driving bumper to bumper and one screwup will cause a accident and slow traffic for miles. #3 is the northwoods where there is as many cars/trucks/vans towing boats as deer running across the highway. :D

On Saturday late afternoon the WOAM was up. Had a difficult time getting a decent hole in the end for a good draw. Left the giloutene cutter at home. Lighting was an experience. That nasty curve from the slim open foot to the wide body did not want to stay lit. Good solid leathery maduro taste, slight draw problems came and went the entire length of the cigar. No real depth or flavor changes from start to finish. Somewhat of a disappointment as I was expecting more. Didnt quite live up to the PAM benchmark. ???

Sunday during a break in the rain we decided we HAD to at least once go out on the lake, even in 20 mph winds. My fave ISOM, the Lusi got lit. As Tony Bones put it in a earlier review.. the sun was shining on the roller this day. :thumbs: All the joy that DC could put out it did in style. Even having burn problems from the wind could not disrupt it. (downwind side never kept up with the upwind.) My only complaint, I dont know the bloody box code!!! :love:

Had wonderful plans all laid out for later that night and the Power Ranger. Large ribeye steak, grilled potatoes with onions, and a rich chocolate sort-of pie for desert. After it settled I would sit outside, even WITH the rain and get mauled by the Fuente. UNFORTUNATELY.... Due to about 8 things going wrong (not with my cooking the steaks mind you. :D ) including running out of propane for the grill, the grill not generating any heat AFTER the tank got filled.... Didnt sit down to eat until it was past 10:30 at night. :angry: Had dinner, cleaned up, ran out of dishwasher soap, sat down for a half hour and went to bed.

Should of had at least the PAM #9 on the ride home, but being a holiday weekend and all, plus the stop and go traffic I knew I would (and did) hit, and all the troopers lining the highways it would be safer not to.

I will complete this hit list by the end of the week. :thumbs:

Oh.. and even though it was cloudy, rainy, windy, and temps never getting above 70 it still was a wonderful weekend and worth $90 in gas to go!!