• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Home Again

Glacies

Today I got a call at work from my GF. 2 of our dogs had gotten loose when she wasn't looking and they were nowhere to be found. I came home (only work 3 miles away) and we both drove through the neighborhood looking for them. We have our dogs names printed on tags with our house phone number on them, but we also have this Home Again Pet Recovery tag on them, which also goes with thier microchip. Well we found our GSD a few houses down (after a freakin hour of searching) playing with a neighbor's dog. The neighbor was on the phone. He hangs up as he sees us coming, he had called our house, we weren't there, he left a message and called the other number on the tag and gave them the ID. As soon as he hung up his phone to talk to us, we got a call from these Home Again people saying our dog had been found. Pretty damn impressive to me. Right when he jumped in the car, the other one popped out of the nearby woods and jumped in. I have to say I'm really impressed with this service and it's like 20-30 bucks a year. Included per pet is a website that allows you to post thier picture and any handling instructions should people enter thier ID online.

Just wanted to put a plug in for this because I remember a recent thread where some of you fellow dog nuts came forward, and I know some of you guys may not have heard about this before. We found out about the service when we got them chipped. I think regularly it's $75 to inject a chip, but if you rescue like we did, it's free.

Anyway, the aftermath is everyone is okay, I'm really impressed with this service, and I met a new neighbor (just moved in 2 months ago and haven't met everyone yet) who likes to sit around and drink beer, which I'm an expert at. But I'm about to make a trip to Home Depot for fence repair tools.

Micro chip is well spent money for any dog owner. Prices vary as my vet charged me $50 to insert it. The micro chipping is done at your vets and then you can register with Home Again online. There is a one time payment required to register with Home Again. I think I paid $18. They do offer "other " services that you can pay a yearly subscription for but its not required and will not impede the owner from being notified if his chipped animal is found.

Almost all pounds now scan dogs when brought into their kennels. It very well could save your animals life.

Glad to hear that your dogs made it home safely. I'd be pretty upset if my pooch went missing. Luckily she never goes farther then whistling distance. :)

I just called my vet. They are doing the chips for $40 a piece. I can't believe they are that cheap. Thanks for this thread, I think we will be investing in this.

I just called my vet. They are doing the chips for $40 a piece. I can't believe they are that cheap. Thanks for this thread, I think we will be investing in this.

Wow, glad I could help someone out with it man.