• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Home Theater Question

wilmotrogers

WilmotRogers
Just ordered a Samsung DVD Recorder with upconvert technology for Christmas (girlfriend paid, I picked it out). My question is this - my HDTV is a couple years old and it has HDCP/DVI inputs and the DVD burner has a HDMI output. If I understand what I am reading, I can get an adapter that will allow me to hook up the DVI to the HDMI. The issue is that I am not sure if that is correct. Figured someone may have run across this before. Any help would be appreciated.

Jamie

Just ordered a Samsung DVD Recorder with upconvert technology for Christmas (girlfriend paid, I picked it out). My question is this - my HDTV is a couple years old and it has HDCP/DVI inputs and the DVD burner has a HDMI output. If I understand what I am reading, I can get an adapter that will allow me to hook up the DVI to the HDMI. The issue is that I am not sure if that is correct. Figured someone may have run across this before. Any help would be appreciated.

Jamie

You can buy the adaptor here:

http://www.cablesforless.com/index.asp?Pag...amp;ProdID=2396

This site has very nice cables/accessories for the price.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the link - I would assume all I would need to do is buy the HDMI cable and I would be in business?

you will need audio cables also. your dvi connection will not support the digital audio the hdmi produces.

If you need an HDMI cable then you could consider a cable with HDMI on one end and DVI on the other to avoid the adapter.

Thanks for the link - I would assume all I would need to do is buy the HDMI cable and I would be in business?

I assumed that you had a DVI cable. Buy the DVI to HDMI cable and either a digital coaxial (if your DVD player allows) or fiber optic cable for sound.

Search on ebay, they have tons of name brand DVI to HDMI cables pretty cheap. I just picked one up. You will also need audio cables.

And whatever you do... Don't buy Monster Cable!!! ;)
X2
monster is way too much $$$ for what they are.
i use partsexpress.com i bought optical cables (dayton audio) for under 12 bucks) and my hdmi cable was under $25.00.