• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Homegrown tobacco

I hope it works out for ya. Taking a few days off shouldn’t penalize ya. Bummer. Good luck.

Floyd T

Quick update: Thanks to all those who provided advice, at this point all the tobacco is back to being pliable despite looking dried up. I had a few cracks and holes on some of the smaller leaves that were already intended to be filler. As mentioned before, the color curing process is definitely taking its time due to the lower temps. I am starting to get an idea of the final color, though even the few leaves that are mostly brown still have patches of green.

Next round, I’ll probably hold off an extra two weeks before harvesting, I feel these may have been a bit immature to pluck. Thanks for following along this far in the process, I hope someone can learn something through my trials.

IMG_3667.jpeg

Curious you gonna save some leaves to make pipe tobacco? I know folks mostly use Burley or Virgia for that but it could add some nice kick to a pipe blend.

Quick update, less than desirable news. I’m just coming to the end of the 9th week and a majority of the tobacco is still green. If I had to guess, it’s because I decided to harvest earlier than I intended. That and the lack of heat. I have solutions for both problems and will start my new plants as soon as I get the flowers and garden in the ground and free up space. Thanks for those who followed along and offered advice. I will revive this when the burley goes in the dirt.

surprised to hear that. mine, which you can see in my prior picture, were cut green but turned a nice shade of brown on its own while hanging. i have cut off the leaves and piled them in a big tupperware but have “humidified” a few at a time and rolled a few sticks. other than the fact that my rolling is terrible (from too tight with no draw to just really ugly), seems to have come out pretty good.

It's very important that the leaves turn mostly yellow prior to drying and going brown. If possible, allowing this to happen while still on the plant is best. Plucking them as they ripen, rather than pulling the whole plant green, will produce best results. Best of luck on the next grow! 👍

It's very important that the leaves turn mostly yellow prior to drying and going brown. If possible, allowing this to happen while still on the plant is best. Plucking them as they ripen, rather than pulling the whole plant green, will produce best results. Best of luck on the next grow! 👍
Yeah, to be honest I had every intention of letting them mature on the plant. I took the advice of someone I had never met, I probably should have listened to my gut. The beautiful thing about growing plants, if you make a mistake, learn from it and plant a new one 😀 I’m excited to get the next batch growing!

What grow lights do you use? I've tried many, including the blurple's, however find AC Infinity to be one of the best out there. I start a lot of my plants indoors this time of year and then start moving them outdoors prior to Spring.

Word on the street, at least in these parts, is you can get grow lights and setups for cheap. Something to think about Hayden if you need an upgrade!

What grow lights do you use? I've tried many, including the blurple's, however find AC Infinity to be one of the best out there. I start a lot of my plants indoors this time of year and then start moving them outdoors prior to Spring.
My lights are King LED. I intend to upgrade them to larger and higher wattage lights down the line. These lights do the job but I’m sure it could be done better lol. My both my tents and fans are AC infinity and I’m a big fan. Sounds like I know what lights to by now 😎

Check out the reviews on youtube. If you have more than one, they give you a cable to daisy chain them together. I started with the blurple lights (Platinum LED), however you need sunglasses to work around them when on. Plus, way overpriced. They did grow my plants extremely well though. I also have a timber cob grow light which is great, but way overpriced too. AC Infinity lights are reasonably priced and do a great job. Got any pictures of your tent? I had a 10x10 but sold it. Now I'm just using a 2x4 and a couple of racks, primarily for starting seedlings. If I grow a plant or two indoors, it goes in the tent.

Nevermind on posting a picture of your tent, I forgot you did. :)

Check out the reviews on youtube. If you have more than one, they give you a cable to daisy chain them together. I started with the blurple lights (Platinum LED), however you need sunglasses to work around them when on. Plus, way overpriced. They did grow my plants extremely well though. I also have a timber cob grow light which is great, but way overpriced too. AC Infinity lights are reasonably priced and do a great job. Got any pictures of your tent? I had a 10x10 but sold it. Now I'm just using a 2x4 and a couple of racks, primarily for starting seedlings. If I grow a plant or two indoors, it goes in the tent.
Rumor has it you grow a variety of plants. 😎❤️👈