• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Horse racing hunch play

ALostTexan

The Travelin' Cigar Man
After a 7-month layoff Opus A is entered again at Aqueduct on Thursday. She was an impressive 2YO last year, and you have to love the name.

Not sure if he is gelded or not, but I'd love to see her bred down the line to Cigar Man, who has been doing fairly well out in California. They could make some nice little Power Rangers.

I'm a bit confused here. You say you want to see her bred to Cigar Man
but are not sure if he is gelded or not. ??? ???

I think that breeding Opus A to Cigar Man would make for a fun horse to watch, but if Cigar Man was gelded (castrated) then Cigar Man having little ones quite difficult.

I'll keep an eye open for Cigar Man's past performances next time out to see if he is gelded.

At least according to this: Linky , Cigar Man is a gelding. Now, I suppose he could have grown some new ones or had them surgically replenished but I am thinking that Opus A and Cigar Man would have nothing more than pleasant conversation if put in a stable together.

Looks like you are right on that one. I had a feeling Cigar Man was a gelding. Impressive group he ran against in that Gold Cup, though.

Oh well, we can still root for Opus A and Cigar Man, and hopefully we can root for Cigar Man for many years to come.

Opus A was one of the most impressive maiden winner of the last year in New York. I've been looking forward to this start for some time.

Opus A was one of the most impressive maiden winner of the last year in New York. I've been looking forward to this start for some time.

Let me know if you are headed to River Downs or Turfway for wagering any time soon.

Let me know if you are headed to River Downs or Turfway for wagering any time soon.

I will probably be up there soon. I work in the racing industry, and now that I have relocated to Lexington a trip up to Turfway is alot easier - at least a shorter trip than it was in Arizona.

I'll let you know when i am up there.

Damn, Opus A scratched from her race today. We'll have to wait and see how she returns...

I will probably be up there soon. I work in the racing industry, and now that I have relocated to Lexington a trip up to Turfway is alot easier - at least a shorter trip than it was in Arizona.

I'll let you know when i am up there.

Definitely let me know when you are up. I get to Turfway fairly often. River Downs is a nice setting along, well, along the river but I don't like their wagering systems much and their racing is far poorer than Turfway's...and that isn't saying much. I was last at River Downs in July and even though I hit some nice exactas the live racing was really weird. I swear that the favorite horse in one of the races had a noticeable limp...it actually looked like one of its legs was shorter than the other legs. Weird.

Turfway has some interesting wagering contests and things that I like. Cheap drinks, good place to have a cigar, live and simulcast wagering...what's not to like?

Damn, I forgot to tout Cigar Man at Golden Gate Fields yesterday. He won the Grade 3 All American Stakes and paid $8.40. I forgot he was running in it...