• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hose be actin' crazy yo!

xyz123

Obviously you're not a golfer.
So I've had the same old hose on a reel for probably 20 years. This is a stock pic, but pretty much sums mine up:

Screenshot_20230621-224046_Gallery.jpg

It's sufficiently beat to hell and I need something new. What do you guys use? I see commercials for the flat ones and ones with copper and other material touting durability. Probably want 100+ft (should I get several 25 footers and couple, or...?) and I have a large RV that I want to start washing myself. I'll be on a folding ladder for roof and the hose will undoubtedly be banging alongside exterior of RV at times. So softer is preferable.

It will wash several vehicles, but also water gardens and landscaping as well. It's a standard ⅝ and psi is important, but I do have a good pressure washer already. I'd also prefer the retracting to be easier instead of handcranking it all through the yard. Kink-proof would be great (although, there is something to be said for kinky hose!). It's also gotta stand up to Wisconsin winters.

I'll gladly pay premium pricing if it can sit in It's own little housing all winter, and not crack anywhere come first use in spring (oh yeah, I'd prefer it had housing). It will probably be run over by ATVs and a rider mower (not the blades) several times a year also.

Any recos or input? Links?

Thanks in advance for your advice on *hose.
🙄😁😇

*(That should be the last "hose" pun... for now!)

I prefer to to battle every garden hose, and the reel that tips over if you look at it the wrong way. I’ve tried those flat ones before, and they aren’t worth a half eaten Cheeto in my opinion. I’ve had best luck with hoses made by tire companies. That is what I use for work, and they hold up quite well, and don’t kink. Goodyear makes some decent ones that are little more robust, but i find the continental brand hose to be the best quality so far. As for reel, i got nothing. I’ve fought this same damn reel for three summers… a hill I’ll probably die on. So I’m also curious on opinions for reels.

I prefer to to battle every garden hose, and the reel that tips over if you look at it the wrong way. I’ve tried those flat ones before, and they aren’t worth a half eaten Cheeto in my opinion. I’ve had best luck with hoses made by tire companies. That is what I use for work, and they hold up quite well, and don’t kink. Goodyear makes some decent ones that are little more robust, but i find the continental brand hose to be the best quality so far. As for reel, i got nothing. I’ve fought this same damn reel for three summers… a hill I’ll probably die on. So I’m also curious on opinions for reels.

Well, considering I just dropped $1,200 on Goodyear Wrangler tires for my F150 today, why not give Goodyear some more dough! Lol

Thanks for the quick reply... looks like we both could use some help. Let's see what the fellas say in the morning. Although, getting to be the time Nick gets up across the pond.. maybe he's got something! 🤞🙏😁

Your timing for the post was perfect. I was fighting my hose and reel when I got home this evening. Maybe it’s a sign I need to upgrade my reel… As for Goodyear, just ask them to make you a hose out of the tires they took off 😂 I will say, those wranglers are hard to beat. Solid choice there.

Your timing for the post was perfect. I was fighting my hose and reel when I got home this evening. Maybe it’s a sign I need to upgrade my reel… As for Goodyear, just ask them to make you a hose out of the tires they took off 😂 I will say, those wranglers are hard to beat. Solid choice there.

Had the beefier ones on prior... great for winter and off-road, but were mostly overkill. These new ones, SOO quiet and cushy. Didn't have to shout over the BT to make a call.. I can't believe how much road noise I was getting before. They were the only tires I knew and what were on when I bought it. All-in today was $3,300.. had a few other things going on and also had it detailed.

Feels like I got a brand new truck! 🛻😍😁

It’s no fun when you have to spend money on things you actually need, rather than cigars. Sounds like you had a solid day though, and that’s all you can ask for!! I made the mistake of running some 10 ply MT’s on my truck. I’m sure a very similar situation with road noise. I’m going to have to pull the trigger on some new ones before too long. Thanks for helping me make my priority list!! 🤣
1: new tires
2. Hose reel

This is the way.

We have a decorative pot that sits on the ground, no more hose reels! Looks nicer and just easier to deal with in my opinion.

I have 2 zero G hoses. I think one is 50 and one is 100 or maybe they are both 50 foot. I’ve had them quite awhile. They aren’t the “shrinking” style like the as seen on tv type, but rather they “flatten” out. To get them to fit in the pot, the water has to be off.

The only negative I can say is the opening is smaller than a normal garden hose so the water tends to be more pressurized, meaning that it can be hard to just fold over and kink one end to stop flow and remove a sprayer attachment. You typically have to shut the water off first.

But other than that, they are great. Look nice, have lasted quite a few years. Very happy with them! I can reach all the way to the back of the yard and to the street when I need to wash the trailer, because I can’t get the thing in the driveway lol!