• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

House hunting

Ask all your close personal friends and family if they have a realtor/broker they reccomend. Use that person or someone you feel truly comfortable with and can trust. DO NOT buy from the listing agent, they have a responsibility to represent the Seller FIRST buyer SECOND.

DO NOT put a good faith deposit on a home only to back out in a few days with cold feet, you might never see that money again. BE SURE before you sign or give over any amount of money.

DO NOT submit email addresses to home searching sites, DO NOT call phone numbers on homes for sale on signs or in magazines unless you want hundreds of newb realtors calling you about a home you inquired about for years to come.

DO ask close personal friends and family if they know someone in the mortgage industry, broker or banker, get prequalified for what you can afford, not just what you qualify for, most times you can qualify above your comfort level.

As far as homes go, pick out neighborhoods you want to live in and get a feel for the market. Don't expect to get in and out of a house real quick for profit anymore, even if the house has fresh paint and carpet, get an allowance for colors YOU want, you're going to live in it. Keep in mind Insurance, property tax, HOA, school districts, proximity to busy streets, parks, stores, flood and fire areas.

Don't get pressured into anything, you have to really really want a place, get over the excitement of it and look at all the fine details of a home, you have to live in it.

Other than that, look all you can, there's countless websites to search homes. But keep in mind that most deals in print that are too good to be true are usually already sold months in advance at that price, but they'll continue to bait and switch on you.

I hold a real estate license in CA and I've been sick of that industry for years, only have one friend I trust in it. Just got sick and tired of dealing with scumbags... And people that can't afford sh!t in this crazy market- me included.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey dudes,

So I've been a bit busy, which is why I haven't announced a winner as of yet.

Well, it seems to me Anthony arrived early and often, and performed above and beyond with his suggestions. That being said I've got to send out a mystery 5er for someone who has performed 2nd place to a major degree.
Oh, and there's a third place, for a totally different category I didn't consider at first.

You bastids had better watch yo asses!

Cheers,
Rob

Rob:
I know I'm late but since I'm in the industry, but NOT licensed in MASS, I submit the following:
#1 - Know your Credit Profile www.annualcreditreport.com and develop a strong financial portrait. Don't show the sellers your wallet.
#2 - Bankrate.com Know the Market and what you qualify for. Life is not fair, it is what you can prove.
#3 - Calculate what you can afford. Big differece between Pre Qualification and Pre Approval
#4 - Make a list of Must haves, Wants, would be cool, & what resells homes, for your Dream Home
#5 - Don't oversell yourself or sell yourself short
#6 - PM me....

P.S.- I hope I don't offend any agents on the board, but nowadays MOST buyers agents work for themselves and their outrageous fees!

I've been busy as heck, so it's kind of a hit and run message.

Hey, I didn't even know this was a contest! LOL I somehow didn't even notice the part about the 5'er of cigars.

Thanks Rob! Very generous, and completely unexpected!

How is the house-hunting going?