• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

House of Blues

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
We just got back from Chicago. The trip was to go see Al Green at the House of Blues. The big surprise was after entering this small theater/nightclub was the girl selling cigars! You could smoke a cigar, have a beverage and watch some good entertainment.

Two thumbs up for the House of Blues!

Okay, that's it, I'm moving to Chicago, at least you can smoke cigars in clubs there, not like Connecticut :angry:

They just follow the laws. Who knows what the city or state will do next. House of Blues is pretty cool though.

Mike Ditka have a cigar friendly place up there too?

HoB Rocks!

How was the show? I wanted to go this weekend but I was in Minneappolis. As far as smoking at HoB, it depends on the show. At the Keb Mo' show a couple weeks back, no smoking. What's really nice is opera box seats. Then you have a seat, a waitress and can smoke in a more relaxed atmosphere. All while enjoying the show!

The show was just...ok. The Rev. had trouble warming up. For the first several songs there were some tiimes when he would stop singing and had to get a drink and the band kept playing. The last half of the show was better. It was clear that Al Green loves to entertain and he was having fun.

The lead act was mediocre.

Yes, you are right about the box, great concept, we looked into one for this show, but since Al Green is considered an "A" act, the box would have been $1,500 and that was a little more than we wished to spend. Other shows box prices are more reasonable, like $400.

I figured they were pretty pricey, but I always get mine gratis, so never knew the "real" price.

I work at a bank and we took some customers, at least they had gratis tickets. :D

I love the HOB in Vegas. Always enjoy a fine cigar or two while I'm there :thumbs:

House of Blues sounds like a cool place.
I have relatives in Chicago, better pay them a visit. ;)

Chris, depends on the show. Big acts sell out pretty fast, as the rooms not that big. Smaller acts sometimes don't sell out. Here's the Chicago website: House of Blues Chicago

We got the tickets well in advance for the Rev. A friend of mine in Springfield, IL bougth the tickets and when we showed up they were waiting at the ticket window. Follow the website and it should be pretty easy.

Mike Ditka have a cigar friendly place up there too?

I don't know if his place is cigar friendly or not. But we stopped in Harry Carry's and it was definitely cigar friendly.