• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Houston BOTL's

billytpage

The time is nearing when the wife and I will be headed down for a few days to check out the town before we move down at the end of the summer. She has made it clear in no uncertain terms that I can get together with the Houston BOTL's AFTER the visit as it is doubling as our honey moon. I did manage to put my foot down and insist that we check out a few B&M's

I need a list of 3 or 4 of the "must see" B&M's Be it fore great prices, great selection, great lounge, great people, etc...

Thanks a TON! And I can't wait until we move down and can herf together!! :thumbs:

Billy

Billy,

In Houston, a lot depends on what part of town you're in.

On the north side, Serious Cigars at 6608 FM 1960 Rd has a fantastic selection and a fine lounge. You can check them out and see at seriouscigars.com.

On the west side, Richmond Avenue Cigars is located (not on Richmond Avenue, but) at 3301 Fondren Rd. It also has a good selection.

The cigar bar Downing Street, at Kirby and Westheimer, is a great place to smoke and drink. Their sticks are a little pricey, but you can bring your own. Houston extended its no-smoking ordinance to bars about a year ago, but cigars bars are exempt.

Those are the places I usually go. Other people recommend the Briar Shoppe at 2412 Times Blvd in the Rice Village, and McCoy's Fine Cigars at 1201 Louisiana downtown.

Happy exploring!

Gary

Billy,

In Houston, a lot depends on what part of town you're in.

On the north side, Serious Cigars at 6608 FM 1960 Rd has a fantastic selection and a fine lounge. You can check them out and see at seriouscigars.com.

On the west side, Richmond Avenue Cigars is located (not on Richmond Avenue, but) at 3301 Fondren Rd. It also has a good selection.

The cigar bar Downing Street, at Kirby and Westheimer, is a great place to smoke and drink. Their sticks are a little pricey, but you can bring your own. Houston extended its no-smoking ordinance to bars about a year ago, but cigars bars are exempt.

Those are the places I usually go. Other people recommend the Briar Shoppe at 2412 Times Blvd in the Rice Village, and McCoy's Fine Cigars at 1201 Louisiana downtown.

Happy exploring!

Gary

Wow, you pretty much hit the highlights. I've been to most of those places and would recommend them, as well. Billy, if you happent to be in the Clear Lake area, I would recommend the Smoke Ring on Hwy 3. It's the B&M I frequent the most. They have a great selection Tatuaje's and probably the best selection of Padron's that I've come across, including the Padron 80th at MRSP. Best of luck!

Wow, you pretty much hit the highlights. I've been to most of those places and would recommend them, as well. Billy, if you happent to be in the Clear Lake area, I would recommend the Smoke Ring on Hwy 3. It's the B&M I frequent the most. They have a great selection Tatuaje's and probably the best selection of Padron's that I've come across, including the Padron 80th at MRSP. Best of luck!

Where on HWY 3? I am on my way down Thursday. Lil Bro's wedding will be there through Monday....well I will be in Texas City anyway, but that is close enuff

Tim

Serious Cigars is a nice place to go, Ron's a great guy. Low prices, great selection. It's off 1960 in N Houston.

You MUST checkout Lonestar Tobacco just 10min down the road from Serious. Ben is a GREAT guy and has been in business for ~25yrs. His selection is impeccable. He is also off 1960. You can get his address from their website. Lonestartobacco.com

Downtown off of Kirby you can checkout The Briar Shoppe. Their prices are a little high, but the bistro around the corner is an AWESOME place to eat.

Also off of 45N you can go to Elite Cigars which has very low prices. They are part of a gas station, but have a lounge and a walk in humidor. If you go 45N, it's off the sawdust road exit, and you double back, its on the right on the feeder.

Hope this is some help, PM me if you need ANYTHING.

Where on HWY 3? I am on my way down Thursday. Lil Bro's wedding will be there through Monday....well I will be in Texas City anyway, but that is close enuff

Tim

The address is 17050 Hwy 3. It's located between Bay Area Blvd. and Nasa Rd. 1. You can stop in for cigars and then take Hwy 3 down to Texas City for your brother's wedding.

Damn Dozer, let those guys on the North/West side of town deal with their own shop. We don't need no cherry pickers around The Smoke Ring. :laugh: :sign:

Bro I am so South Side.....

I grew up in TC.

Go Stings..................yeah right!

Tim

Damn Dozer, let those guys on the North/West side of town deal with their own shop. We don't need no cherry pickers around The Smoke Ring. :laugh: :sign:

You're right! What the heck was I thinking? I knew I should have kept my big yap shout about the Padron 80th. :laugh:

Hey guys, thanks for the information! It's helpful to a new BOTL such as me. :D Now I know a few places to check out around town besides Specs.

I am in Houston for work today and stopped by Serious Cigars this evening and boght a few sticks. I met some of the locals and had a great time. Highly recommended!!!

Anyone interested in setting up a HERF at serious on March 21st (Friday)? I'm coming back to town for easter/ birthday weekend. (Sorryu to thread steal, just wanted to check on anyone's interest.

My favorite places in Houston in no particular order with random notes:

Briar Shoppe: Very convenient for me, good selection. Price on certain things higher, on other things extremely competitive. Great selection IMHO, some of the best Fuente selection I've seen, especially VSGs...they normally have like the full range. Girls are great and the Village is probably the most chill place around.

Robustos: This is in Katy so it's a drive, but a nice place with a great lounge. Upstairs is members only unless an event, but they'll show you around, etc.

Richmond Ave Cigars: Great selection overall. Carry Illusionne's and a good range of Tats.

Downing Street Pub: Amazing place to go and have a smoke. I hate buying cigars here. Not knowledgeable from what I've seen, prices suck, etc...

Cigar Vault: Prices high, selection ok. I keep a locker here just cause it's probably the closest place I can have a locker and not have to be a member. It's right in Uptown park in the Galleria.

On another note: I'm totally down to HERF at serious on the 21st! I havn't met any Houston BOTLs yet and I'd love to! I'll drag one of my buds along too who I recently got into cigars. Lemme know details.

Anyone interested in setting up a HERF at serious on March 21st (Friday)? I'm coming back to town for easter/ birthday weekend. (Sorryu to thread steal, just wanted to check on anyone's interest.
Special K and Dozerhead - Jake posted the HERF in the HERF forum. You guys should confirm there. :thumbs:

I heard it from a good friend of Ron. But now he's in the pipe business instead of just cigars, cant wait to see how this turns out....