• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How about this one?

bigdan1173

For those of you who haven't found it yet there is a great site called cigarprice.com. It's a search engine that will look through tons of cigar shops for the lowest price of various name brand cigars as well as house brands. It is a pay site, but I paid only $5 for a month of service and they threw in an extra thirty days. You don't have to pay to use the search engine, but the results (which stores offer what) are only shown to members. So, for example, if you wanted to see what a box of hemingways cost you could type it in and they would give you a list of different prices from cheapest to most expensive. However, you can't see where they are sold unless you pay. Nonetheless, I think its a good and valuable site IMHO. Sorry if this is nothing new to anyone, but I figured I'd try to repay some of you who have bent over backwards for me in my first couple of weeks here.

Now if I can just get you to bend over forward for me... :0

I'm really not gay...I promise.

They do have a referral program, but I'll let you guys use that with each other ( that's about all I can offer for payback to you guys until I get some real cigars and not cheapies {Joe M. and Shadow in particular}).

Anyway, knock your socks off!

Thanks Dan, I like cigarprice a lot even though I haven't bought a subscription. If I bought a lot of domestics online, it would be well worth it. It's still fairly useful as a price yardstick even without the full benefits that subscription would give.

I liked it back when it was free. I don't use it now since I never buy cigars online through web sites. I used to use this site to gauge prices and learn about sizes available on various brands.

Sam

Sam, you can still use it for that without having to pay. That's what I like to use it for as well.

Yeah for sizes but not prices. They leave out the lines that have where to buy for how much, so the price comparrison feature is lost.

Not that big of a deal, it's not that hard to find out some prices and here on the boards there isn't too much you can't find out.

It is a good starting point though and for people who do buy online regularly I would highly recommend it.

Sam

Thanks for posting this site...I never heard of it and will see if it is helpful...Thanks again

I was warned by Joe that this may be a scam site. He said that they only list stores who endorse them. So, you might want to proceed with caution. I did notice that they had some sticks listed at low prices. They even list some of JR's stuff.

It's not a scam site. It's like pricewatch.com except for cigars. They don't sell cigars, they list online sellers and sort by lowest price. They only list sites that cooperate with them because they have to set up their spiders to traverse the sites and get the prices. However, I've used the site in the past to locate good prices and found it very useful.

I figured there were some good buys to be had. The prices seem to speak for themselves. I did buy a $5 membership, but so far I've mainly been using it to reference the prices as most of you do.

You do have to be a little bit careful. Sometimes you'll see a great price and then when you go to the site to check it out, it turns out that they're out of stock. The cigarprice spiders are supposed to filter that out, but it doesn't always work.