• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How CBid makes money...

Scary thing is that it takes 2 people to bring a bid up like that.

I understand why it was a 5 Vegas box, though - a couple newbies didn't know what to buy, saw the banner ad CB is always running that advertises the 5 Vegas got rated '90'. They figure that if their local shop sells singles for $3 it would be a huge deal if they could get a whole box for just $28!

I think they must have surplus to sell some things so low. I have seen prices go above and beyong also. Such as the Don Carlos, Fast showed me where they could be had for much cheaper. you Just have to price them elsewhere b/f you go bidding or ask someone like I often do

Hey Big,

You did hit on an interesting point though.

I've seen bids on CigarBid HIGHER than the regular CI price.

Okay, I'll admit it, I did that once as well. I got all wrapped up getting a box of ten LGC Churchill maduros a few months back. I felt like a complete fool when I founf out that I paid MORE than the regular price for them :(

See if you can find that one sometime and feel free to post is as an example of what NOT to do with CBid :D :D :D

I took the bait on that one and learned my lesson...................

I've seen a ton of overbids at CB. When I first found CB I was always wondering why they didn't link back to CI at all - like "Haven't found the cigar brand you are looking for? Try CigarInternational!". Now I know why they don't want you to know about CI - they don't want you checking to see the regular price they sell stuff for (and it works well for them quite a bit).

Just a comment on the 5 vegas. Buy a box or 2 at that price and put them in the bottom of your cooler or humi and forget them for a year or two. You'll swear it's the best buy you ever made. :thumbs: