• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How cold is too cold?

Zach

Addicted to race cars
Hey every1,
I posted pictures of my new refridge-ador earlier this week, and now im addressing an issue i found with it. At first, i just manually turned the cooling system on and off as i saw fit to maintain the temperature. Obviously i could not keep an eye on it at all times, and temperature swings occured, throwing the RH out of whack. Today i tried leaving it on its lowest setting and seeing how cold she really got, and shes sitting just under 60 degrees. Is it safe to leave it there, or should i find a better way of regulating the temperature at a higher level?

-Zach

I recommend 66-68 degrees. Any cooler and you'll have a hard time keeping the RH to an acceptable level and you'll slow your long term ageing process.

Emo

emodx said:
I recommend 66-68 degrees. Any cooler and you'll have a hard time keeping the RH to an acceptable level and you'll slow your long term ageing process.

Emo
[snapback]282163[/snapback]​

So if i can keep 65-70%RH, the colder temperatures arent going to hurt the cigars? Just keep them from aging as fast?

-Zach

Yes. Many collectors store at even lower temps then 60f as they believe slowing the aging process makes for better smokes in the long term.

My coolers stay between 58-62 degrees and I haven't noticed any problems. Not that I'm a collector or anything.

Thanks for answering my questions guys! Looks like i will just leave the thing on its lowest setting and quit worrying. :thumbs:

-Zach