• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How common is trading traded cigars?

Misc

Genuine pre-embargo Cuban cigar smoking picture (c
The other day I heard a funny tale about someone who was trying to trade a cigar to someone else at a herf (social smoking gathering) when another person immediately snatched up the gifted cigar and replaced it with another (all in good fun.)

This got me to thinking about cigars that go into trades/gifts/passes and then pass on to another person. Which got me to thinking about the money-tracking web sites (like <http://www.wheresgeorge.com> and similar), which got me to wondering if it'd be fun or useful to have a cigar tracking-site to see where a cigar has been.

...But someone else suggested that it's very rare to trade a cigar you got as a gift or in a trade. Is that an ettiquite thing? Or just habit?

What do you folks think?

Thanks!

I trade my traded cigars all the time.

They're the bulk of my inventory!
Dave ;)

Follow up question:

Who would be interested in seeing a "the travels of this particular cigar" website that logged such things in a way similar to how http://www.wheresgeorge.com tracks money?

A trade is the same as a cash transaction in my book. Now a gift is a slightly different story. Though once something becomes a person's property, they should be able to do whatever they want to with it. But, I try to hang onto gifted smokes and either smoke them myself or if they are something I commonly keep in my humidor, I'll let someone who hasn't tried one have a shot at it.

I traded nearly 20 Lars Tetens that were gifted to me less than a week after I recieved them...LMFAO :sneaky: No feeling of bad etiquette here.LOL :p

Beast, you could have just passed that gift along to a brother who loves em :sneaky: but I never saw a single one of em :(

I guess some cigars are treated like the proverbial fruitcake. Just keep passing them on. LMAO

I try to keep all gifted to me. :p

I will usually smoke gifted cigars. There are some exceptions. I have no problem trading or gifting ones that I traded for or won in a contest.

PB, I'm sure you had your share!! ROTFLMAO

I trade traded cigars all the time. I'm with Matt on the gifted ones, I try to keep most of them but have gifted some to folks who haven't been able to mooch as well as me!!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

I like to share my Gifts with friends. My RL Brother and me smoke my gifted gars whenever we get together. I busted his handrolled cherry, then his ISOM Cherry. The boy hasn't looked at a Swisher since. :D

I think I am with the general consensus on this. Gifted smokes are often something a brother has tried and wants to share with me. I try and smoke them both because I respect his/her opinion, and because I always love to try new things.

I also agree with what has already been said. If I am gifted with something that is normal stock in my Humi...I try to find someone who has not tried it and "pay it forward".

I look at contest smokes in sort of the same way. Whoever sent it to me did so (usually) because they liked it and wanted to send me something nice. ......heh ......( I know some probably use such events to get rid of things they would NEVER smoke that THEY won in a contest)....... But I am optimistic and think most folk fall into the former class! :D

..........I think in reality nobody is going to come and inventory your humi to discover any ettiquette breaches anyways... So What is in your humi IS after in your humi to do with as you will.

Just have something to say when they ask " so how was that Swisher anyways.."! :sign:

If it was gifted it should not be traded or sold for monetary gain unless discussed with the giftee. If you traded for it its yours to do with as you please.

Now that I said that I will be the first to admit I have gifted on to others some cigars that were gifted to me. They were yard cigars and I would have never smoked them. I did not tell the gifter out of respect.

I agree 100% w/ Allofus123. If i've never had it before, it is going to be smoked. If i don't like it maybe someone else does. :)