• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How is Perdomo allowed...

jabba

How is Perdomo allowed to do this? Check out the band on one of his brands...

img4895cy2.jpg

I know that lion is TOTALLY out of scale to the globe. :laugh:

Seriously though, I have wondered that myself...such as, for instance, the Cabiaguan band with "Cuba" on the side.

Just what about the band are you referring to? I see several things that you could be questioning. But I don't know which you are specifically referring to.

As far as the cigar itself, I have smoked quite a few and find them very tasty. It was one cigar that after smoking for a few minutes made me stop, pull it out of my mouth, look at it and think, "WOW! That's Good!"

Bryan

NC cigar bands that say Cuba on them always intruige me. I guess this is due to the fact that we don't recognize Castro's gov. and the embargo lets companies do what they like with the cuban name.

Just what about the band are you referring to? I see several things that you could be questioning. But I don't know which you are specifically referring to.

Bryan

Lusitania is a Nicaraguan “puro”, handmade with only the finest tobaccos from the Nicaraguan regions of Jalapa and Esteli.

Notice the markings on the band... CUBA ... HABANA

Lusitania is a Nicaraguan “puro”, handmade with only the finest tobaccos from the Nicaraguan regions of Jalapa and Esteli.

Oh, that. What about it?

My guess would be that it may simply be a reference to the methods that the Perdomo family use to make their cigars. "Nick, Jr. and his father finally moved production to its present site, a prodigious 88,000 square foot factory referred to as "El Monstro" by the Esteli townspeople. The state-of-the-art facility is the final destination in the long and circuitous journey of the Perdomo family. "This is the place where we make cigars the only way we know how, the Cuban Way," insists Nick, Jr."

wasnt the lusitania a ship that was sunk off the cost of cuba not sure of dates but remmber the lusitania is a saying. doc may know.and 1915 date sounds about right for this incident.

Lusitania
Lusitania was built by John Brown & Co. of Clydebank and was launched in 1906. The first British four-stacker, Lusitania was also the world's first quadruple screw steamer and the first ship to exceed 30,000 tons. Substantial modifications were made to the Liverpool Landing Stage to accommodate her great size. Lusitania made her maiden voyage from Liverpool to New York on 7 September 1907. She was at that time the largest ship in the world, a distinction she would hold until her sister Mauretania entered service two months later.
Holder of both Blue Ribands, Lusitania set westbound crossing records in October 1907, July 1908, August 1908 and September 1909 and an eastbound record in October 1907.

At sea when World War I broke out, Lusitania arrived home safely, and unlike Mauretania was kept in her regular service during the war, making monthly sailings between Liverpool and New York. However, on 7 May 1915, while heading east off the Old Head of Kinsale, Ireland (see the card, below), Lusitania was torpedoed without warning by U-20 and sank within 18 minutes. (Two explosions rocked the ship. The first was clearly caused by a torpedo from U-20. The cause of the second explosion has never been definitively determined and remains the source of much controversy.)

Of those on board, 761 were rescued, while 1,198 perished. Lusitania's sinking, and the sinking of White Star's Arabic a few months later, vividly demonstrated that prior concepts of the rules of war no longer prevailed, and that unarmed merchant ships were no longer safe from attack.

Sources: Haws' Merchant Fleets; Bonsor's North Atlantic Seaway; Williams' Wartime Disasters at Sea.

Not sure how they justify the Cuba, but Habana might be okay. CCs are referred to as Habanos not Habanas so there is arguably no problem there. Although it is a pretty obvious attempt to mislead the customer I would say.

wasnt the lusitania a ship that was sunk off the cost of cuba not sure of dates but remmber the lusitania is a saying. doc may know.and 1915 date sounds about right for this incident.

Hmm. . .I did not know that Cuba was between New York and Liverpool, England. :p

Lusitania refers to size on certian cigars in general.

I just posted the reference but the date is consistant with the story but there was a ship blown up off cost of cuba I just dont remember name doesnt matter anyway.

I just posted the reference but the date is consistant with the story but there was a ship blown up off cost of cuba I just dont remember name doesnt matter anyway.

I'm just messing with you. :laugh: A lot of ships were actually attacked or sunk off the coast of the U.S. prior to our entrance into both world wars so it wouldn't be a surprise to see some truth to your statement about a ship being sunk off the coast of Cuba.

Lusitania refers to size on certian cigars in general.

This I didn't know, I knew it was the name for the vitola de salida for the Partagas Prominentes size (49 x 7 5/8ths)

Hmm. . .I did not know that Cuba was between New York and Liverpool, England. tongue.gif

Maybe they made a special trip for a cigar run :p

the ship was the main it was bothering me so i looked it up lol ok enough about ships.

the ship was the main it was bothering me so i looked it up lol ok enough about ships.

Well the explosion of the U.S.S. Maine was during the run up to a very different war in an earlier time, the Spanish American war.

The Maine wasn't technically sunk, it blew up due to an internal coal explosion.

"Remember the Maine!" became the rally call to our land grab, coughs, I mean war with Spain.

As far as the cigar itself, I have smoked quite a few and find them very tasty. It was one cigar that after smoking for a few minutes made me stop, pull it out of my mouth, look at it and think, "WOW! That's Good!"

Bryan

Do they sell these by singles? Bryan has me wanting to try one.

I don't think so, but give them a call. You've got nothing to loose. But the current Mike's Cigars catalog, prices good through December 31 is selling all sizes of the Lusitania for $32 box of 20. The regular prices run $34 to $50 a box.

They are Nicaraguan puros, and I like Nicaraguan cigars. I have not smoked the naturals, only the maduros.

PM me with your address. I'll see if I can find a few in my humi'.

I don't think so, but give them a call. You've got nothing to loose. But the current Mike's Cigars catalog, prices good through December 31 is selling all sizes of the Lusitania for $32 box of 20. The regular prices run $34 to $50 a box.

They are Nicaraguan puros, and I like Nicaraguan cigars. I have not smoked the naturals, only the maduros.

PM me with your address. I'll see if I can find a few in my humi'.

Thanks Bryan :thumbs: