• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long can I store in boxes without placing in Humi.

Flushnutz

I just received my first box. (V-Series Maduros) I have already ran out of room in my desktop humi, and will likely be building a coolidor. How long can i store these just in the box. I have a drymistat tube that I could place in the box if I take one stick out, but I am concerned that might get the RH too high. I will not likely be able to build a coolidor for a 10 days or so. Is it ok to leave them out of a humidor just in a box for this long? Should I put the drymistat tube in there? I did a search but every that come up was about storing in box inside the humi.

Thanks

Dennis

I had the same problem and I just put my boxes in a very big freezer ziplock bag. They were fine for the 2 weeks they sat out in the bags.

I would just put the cigars into a smaller tupperware. As long as it doesn't smell, 10 cigars with a drymistat will work until you set up a coolidor.

Derek

Thanks for the replies. I was actually able to reorganize my humi and fit the 10 sticks in. I will just have to stop making purchases until the coolidor is done. Easier said than done.

I just received my first box. (V-Series Maduros) I have already ran out of room in my desktop humi, and will likely be building a coolidor. How long can i store these just in the box. I have a drymistat tube that I could place in the box if I take one stick out, but I am concerned that might get the RH too high. I will not likely be able to build a coolidor for a 10 days or so. Is it ok to leave them out of a humidor just in a box for this long?

Depends. If you live in a humid place, and don't have AC, then indefinitely. Measure the RH in your house (which will change from season to season in less temperate places).