• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long do you rest your cigars

Friggame

After you receive your shipment of cigars how long do you generaly rest your cigars?

How long for sealed boxes?

How long for 5er's

I know when i would bring back cigars from SE asia I always let them sit for a month. (even in a ziplock i swear that the airplane air sucked all the moisture out of the cigars.

I am just starting to order from online sources so i am trying to figure out how long others let them rest before breaking into them.

I generally stash them in the humidor and leave them there untill I get a new batch then I'll smoke them. But for the more special sticks, I'll them in there for a while.

You get cigars in se Asia? Where? And what kind, if you don't mind me asking.

You get cigars in se Asia? Where? And what kind, if you don't mind me asking.

My work used to send me to Siagon, Hanoi, Hong Kong, and Bangkok But as part of a cost savings measure we are doing video confrencing which is why i use Past tense. as for the cigars lets just say they come from an island.

I like to let mine sit for about two months before smoking them. There are cases where I don't make it though...

Sometimes some sticks don't even make it through the night :D

Sometimes some sticks don't even make it through the night :D

Word. :thumbs:

Generally, anywhere from three days to a week at a minimum, unless I'm saving a special stick for an upcoming event. Just enough time to acclimate to my preferred humidity level.

~Boar

I only buy in the winter and only smoke in the spring/summer so by the time I light up in March most have been down for at least a few months. I would feel comfortable at about a month but have gone as little as a day or two.

I try to let them sit for a week minimum.... 2+ weeks would be ideal to me. To be honest most of them taste good either way :)

It depends on how eager I am to try them. I usually open the box, put a couple in a dryer humi, and smoke them after about 3 days.
The rest I wait at least 3 weeks for them to stabilize. I was once told by an old cuban fellow that it takes a minimum of 3 weeks for the mechanical tensions to stabilize. I.e., they will smoke and draw better and more evenly. I have found this to be true.

I just finished smoking one that arrived at my door today. Burned fantastic. Taste......meh.

When I mail order I let them sit in the good ole tupperdor for two weeks min. just to be sure of humidity and beetles.

If I bought a fiver, I'll usually smoke one within the first week or so and let the rest sit for 2 to 3 weeks.

If I bought a box, I'll smoke one right away -- I do have 19 or 24 more, so what the hell. And then I'll smoke another after a week or so to see how things are going -- depending on the experience, I'll let the box sit for another month or couple months. I'm still learning about how things taste and change over time, so that means I need to keep on smoking.

I'd like to say 5 years but it doesn't always work out that way ;) I'm currently working on building a permanent, rotating stock of 5+ year aged smokes. I've been buying current year boxes for several years with the intention of leaving them alone until the oldest hit the 5 year mark. As I smoke those, I'll replenish the stockpile with new current year boxes that will rest for 5 years and the cycle will keep going.

For smokes that I don't plan on formally aging, I leave them alone for a minimum of a month after I receive them as I've had too many disappointing smokes due to my impatience. I've found that the older I get, the longer I am able to leave them alone :laugh:

- Tim