• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many 1040s do you end up using?

Lumberg

Opus Lover
When doing your taxes, how many times do you end up writing them out?

In the short time since I've been doing my taxes I am averaging 2-3.

free tax software online. It figures out which form to use, whether to itemize or not, what to do about AMT, handles my 403b, medical expenses, work expenses and I get the refund in 10 days. TaxAct I think it is, don't remember

I don't even worry about it. That's why I pay the tax man every year. Yeah, he is $200. But, he is well worth it. Real gross income -> $135K+. Adjusted Gross Income -> $7,327.00!!!!

The dude is an animal!. Been using him for over 10 years, been audited 6 times, and NEVER owed the IRS 1 penny!!!! Simply show up to the IRS office with the returns in question and all of the supporting evidence and the tax code pertaining to the deduction(s). Usually after about 25 minutes, the IRS agent's head is swimming and tells me to have a nice day.

We usually have all of our tax materials by the 2nd week of Feb and by March 1, there is an automatic deposit. Couldn't be sweeter.

And imagine I am a flat-tax advocate :cool:

M. Gipson :)

rknicker----I'll have to look into that.

One note though I try to make sure I OWE money on April 15th.

I'm not big on giving out interest-free loans.

Your goal should be to break even, not owe. :) Having mine done tonight. :( Not looking forward to the totals I owe, since I know I didn't break even. :(

I use a CPA. For one thing, the businesses taxes are a bit complex, and having someone who knows their stuff work on the combined business/personal taxes is a very, very good thing.

Secondly, I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a lead pencil than do my own tax returns.

Lumberg said:

Not that I'm complaining here, but it's hard to owe when I get raises in Sept/Oct that jack up my withholding. I guess I could change the withholding to something lower for four months, but it never seems worth it.

rknicker said:
Lumberg said:

Not that I'm complaining here, but it's hard to owe when I get raises in Sept/Oct that jack up my withholding. I guess I could change the withholding to something lower for four months, but it never seems worth it.
If you claim the right number of exemptions it shoudl work out since it's based on percentage.

I've always used TurboTax and I love it. It's pretty much a no-brainer, you just keep answering the questions and it fills everything out for you. I send mine in electronically so I don't have to sign or mail anything. I usually get my money in about 10 days or so.

Back