• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many cigars in your humidor?

bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs

...neigh winny winny...

JerryG
(imitating the sound of my horses out in the barn - Babycakes and Sterling; need to float Cake's back teeth soon! Grow grass grow so we can get off the sweet feed.)

p.s. Any body here know what an Anagama Kiln is?

An eighth century Korean process for achieving high firing temperatures which effectively fuse and glassify the clay to a non-porous glaze.

I post on a couple of other boards where Henry posts, and a lot of us get together if we are visiting a city where another member lives and we go out for dinner and cigars. Henry has a brownstone in Manhattan and he welcomes his friends from the boards into his home and lets them stay in his guest bedroom. Many of the members have commented on how they stayed for 3-4 days and Henry has paid for everything. I think a guy like that can easily get one of those models from Elite or Ford without any problems. If you have not lived in Manhattan you won't understand what I am talking about. I used to live there and I have seen a lot of this.

I have a couple thousand and for those of you that wonder why we keep so many its all about aging. I will continue to accumulate as many as possible over the years and hopefully will reach 5000 in the next couple of years.. ( I might someday catch up to matt and devin!!)
I only smoke about 4-5 a day on average so 50 boxes is only about a years worth.

Henry, sounds like you have a nice collection!! Let me know when the next herf in Manhatten is and I'll be there!! I'm in CT

I started with a 70 cigar capacity humidor back before the cigar boom started  in @ 1992....before Cigar Aficionado.

Then I stumbled into a Tinder Box when they had a 20th anniversary 20% off sale, so I bought a beautiful tiger maple 100 capacity Dunhill humidor.

Last year I ran across Cigar Pass (and a couple other cigar forums) which resulted in the need to purchase an additional 300 capacity humi.

On the cigar forums I read about Cigar Bid.com, and I had to start a 150 quart Coolerdor after the first weeks bidding...too many good deals. Lord knows how many cigars are in that thing. :0  (There are a bunch of well aged "Connies" at the bottom which should be EXTREMELY well aged by the time I get down to them.)

Then there are the two local JR's, which the car automatically goes to on autopilot whenever I get near them. :lookup:

I've even got a "box or two" (or 6) in a couple of Tupperdores because I flat ran out of roooooom!

I am determined not to buy anymore humidors, but I do resolve to smoke the ones that I do have over the next several years. I intend to gradually do away with the Coolerdor, and replace the cigars in the humis with the "good stuff" only. Yes, Virginia - there is a difference! :love:

Why do so many people have so many cigars? Well, they keep coming out with new cigars every day and curosity is a dangerous and expensive thing.

Secondly, Jeff was absolutely correct regarding aging. A cigar with 10 years proper aging is a completely different animal altogether....simply awesome.

Plus, who knows when the liberals will outlaw cigars completely....just kidding.  :D

Seriously, it's kind of like a snowball rolling downhill...it just gathers momentum and gets bigger and bigger...until you take the scissors to the Visa card. (Yes, I have done that also.) :(

Sam   :cool:

5000????? Uhhhh....Jeff....you surpassed me months ago...LMAO

Matt, I find it hard to belive that I have surpassed you!! But, if its true then it looks like I will have to catch Henry now!!

Matt, I find it hard to belive that I have surpassed you!! But, if its true then it looks like I will have to catch Henry now!!
jeff5.jpg

Thanks.. Thats actually an older pic now. Vern just made me some new doors and they are georgous!! As soon as I get a pic I will post one..

Jeff, I'll bet the new photo of the "Monsterdor" will show it to be MUCH fuller also..... :)

You ought to smoke the last of your current cigars about the year 2015. :sign:

Sam :cool:

Hey Sam, Yes the new pics show some additions to the inventory. Some jars and more boxes. My wife and i seem to disagree on what full is!! She says its full I say I can get at least another 100 boxes or so in there. Hell the top shelf isnt even started yet and each shelf holds at least 40-50 boxes!! Hopefully this year I will fill it.. I have to get a job first though..

Jeff,

Do you have to keep teasing us with those pictures??? LOL j/k. :) You have a very nice collection, and a beautiful humidor. I'd like to someday build one like that.

Rod :thumbs:

Bro, you passed me in quantity a long time ago. LMAO I just keep all my stuff at Devin's house and he sends me a little at a time... :sign: I haven't gotten any deliveries in a while either...LMAO

Hey bro what a coincidence, Devin sends me your stuff too!! LMAO!!!! :0 :0 :p :p