• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many days in the mail...

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
I always try to time my purchases to avoid any rest stops at the post office over the weekend. Some time that happens and sometimes it doesn't. With box purchases I always get nervous that such large investments of perishable goods can become dried out etc. After how many days in transit would it take for a new box of cigars with no humidipack included to become dried out? Not necessarily completely dried out but dried out to the point that you would prefer a new box in its place? Does anyone here spend more on quicker shipping options besides USPS priority? Thanks. Marc

When in Iraq it would sometimes take upwards of 20 days to get cigars. I tried to have a humidipak when possible, but not all vendors did that.

Even those that didn't, that took over 14 days were ok after a couple months rest. Hell, to be honest, I whipped some right outta the box and into the flame with no serious issues.

In short, my experience has told me not to worry much about it if you just plan to let them sit a few months first anyway.

In short, my experience has told me not to worry much about it if you just plan to let them sit a few months first anyway.

Good point.

I don't generally concern myself with it because they usually arrive in less than a week and I don't plan to smoke them immediately in most cases anyway. When I'm sending sticks out I always include a humidifier. And when I purchase online, I typically try to do so from stores that also include a humidifier.

When ordering online I pay the extra for 2 day shipping. I don't want my little guys on a truck for longer than needed.

I have found though when they do arrive I let then sit in the humi for a while just to let em get used to my environment

I worry lots more about mold than I do about drying out......

I try to do my buys during the cool months, and lay off passes / splits / purchases during the summer months. Nothing like getting baked in the back of a USPS truck for a couple of days with over humidified sticks at 100+ degrees..... :whistling:

Good Luck - B.B.S.