• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many hygros in a Boveda calibration pack?

Jan Primus

Hey guys, can you fit 3 average sized hygrometers in a Boveda calibration pack and will it still be accurate if you put that many in the pack? TIA.

The bag is not that big, it is about 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" and pretty thin. I think you may be able to fit 2 or 3 in the bag depending on the style (puck, rectangle, etc), but it will be really tight.
The number of hygros should not affect the accuracy.

Dave

I fit two square adjustable ones in. One more might be stretching it.

I could barely squeeze 2 in then I realized it's still good for 3 months so I pulled one out and will test one at a time.

Well after 24 hours I'm getting a reading of 49% on a digital hygrometer, I've even sealed the Boveda bag with tape and put it in a zip lock bag.
I don't think it will come up that much in the next 12 hours, will it? Also can't believe my hygro can be off by so much, it was reading 59% in my coolider with 65% beads.

Well after 24 hours I'm getting a reading of 49% on a digital hygrometer, I've even sealed the Boveda bag with tape and put it in a zip lock bag.
I don't think it will come up that much in the next 12 hours, will it? Also can't believe my hygro can be off by so much, it was reading 59% in my coolider with 65% beads.

I'm having a similar problem. I am testing a new wireless system that I just bought and It seems to be holding steady at 66% in a double bagged ziplock with a dish of salt solution. I can't imagine that the sensor would be off by that much right out of the box? It's been in there for a little over 24 hours now so I think i might be returning it for a new one.

Well even after 36 hours my hygro is reading 48% and I am certain it is not off by that much, mainly due to the condition of my sticks and the fact I'm using 65% beads....this is the 2nd Boveda kit that has proven useless to me. I have another hygrometer currently sealed in a tupperware conatiner with beads (perhaps too much beads and water) currently reading 71%...I've had these 2 hygrometers in the coolider side by side and they've read about 3 or 4% apart...so for sure the one reading 48% in the boveda is way off.