• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How To Add Avatar? HELP

Gaman

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am having trouble to add my personal avatar in "My Controls". Every times I tried to load a picture from my computer, it gave me error message. ???

Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gee

A couple of questions for you...

1) Are you using a file that is in one of the approved formats?

2) Are you hosting your image online somehwere and pointing to that images properly?

Those are the only 2 things that I could see that would be wrong. Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.

Hi Shiba,

OK, let me explain what I have had tried.

First, I tried to upload an image into "Personal Photo" section. The image is in jpg format & size 12 kb. At this stage I wasn't able to upload my image. It gave me an error message. :( The first stage already failed.

I was thinking of if the first stage is completed, the second stage is to copy the image's URL from "Personal Photo" into "Personal Avatar" section.

Is it the right way to add an avatar? Or there is another way?

Regards,
Gee

Gaman -

Are you trying to upload it from your computer?? I do not think CP allows that. You would have to upload it somewhere and then point to it in your avatar path. You can upload to Webshots, PhotoBucket, etc. If you want, I will even be happy to place it on one of my servers for you and provide you with the path.

Hi Shiba,

Thanks for your kind offer. Anyway, I have Yahoo! Photos. Can I store the image into Yahoo! Photos then copy the image's URL into "Personal Avatar" section?

Regards,
Gee

Hi Shiba,

I uploaded my image into Yahoo! Photos and then copied the image's URL into the avatar section. When I click update avatar, I got an error message:

"Sorry, but the URL you entered for your avatar was incorrectly formatted or the link is not valid." :angry:

I don't know what went wrong. Could you please tell me how could it be done? Thanks.

Regards,
Gee

Gee,

First make sure that the format you are trying to add is one of these gif,jpeg,jpg,swf,png

In the line that says this: Enter a URL to an online avatar image

make sure it looks like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Bkcloud114/Cigars/smoking_cigar.gif (this is an example of mine)

Ya might want to try switching the Photo hosting website.... try Photobucket.com

I still can't figure it out, either. I have it up on yahoo photos, and either get the error message or it accepts it, but then no photo comes up. Oh well.

I dot not see why that would not work for you. All you should have to do it paste that URL into the Avatar line and submit it.

I think the whole think might be too long for the avatar line. Can I rename that somehow?

Edit:might have figured it out!

Edit Edit: I did! I did! Now to find a picture I want to use long term...

Well post what you did to resolve it so Gaman may learn because it appears he has the same issues. Congrats!!!

Good thinkin.

Well, fist I hosted in photobucket. it didn't work still. So, I went into the "edit" feature in photobucket, and renamed the photo something much shorter. Believe it or not, the problem was just that the name was so long, the .jpg at the end was getting cut off.

See what happens when people come together to help :)

Congrats guys... Glad to see your avatars now :thumbs: