• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to develope one's palate

snipes1027

I have been smoking for a long time but only recently on a regular basis. I read reviews all over the place of people detecting many and subtle flavors in the same cigar that I think tastes like, well.... cigar. Is there another way to develope my palate to detect the subtle flavors that distinguish one cigar from another other than to just smoke more?

Scrap wood, a nail gun, and a forklift to confirm size and durability.

Try retrohaling, basically blowing the smoke out of your nose, but make sure to let the smoke cool a bit or you will burn your nose. Ask me how I know? :whistling:

I do know that I can taste pineapple in a pineapple white owl. Only, it's very bad pineapple! :laugh:

edit to add: learn to let the smoke drift out both your mouth and nose at the same time.
Does seem to make the flavor's more profound.

FWIW, I learned by just relaxing and smoking. It'll come to you, dont rush it, and dont worry if you cant tast anything other than roasty toasty tobacco!

I've found it helpful to try to focus and identify as many different tastes as you can. One good way is to use a "flavor" or "taste" wheel....like one of these.

I like the "Wine Aroma Wheel" as a starting point.

Most of all...have fun...!!