• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to pick a good humidor

eegeland

I just read an article on picking a good humidor. The basic gist is it has to be thick and double lined (check the top and bottom too) with the inside lining being Spanish cedar. A good digital guage and a tight seal are also critical.

I went to the local shop, had him pull out all the humi's that looked like they might be good and picked one with the above qualities. My old one needed water once a week. This baby has been steady for a month already with about 4 openings a week.

Well, yeah. Glad I know what brand we are talking , what size etc. But then, being a FOG, I probably don't know what's going on.

I hate missing the gist of something ?????????

Is there a question?

Boy... cant help answering that question with a question. What you mean?

Well, yeah. Glad I know what brand we are talking , what size etc. But then, being a FOG, I probably don't know what's going on.

I hate missing the gist of something ?????????

The point to my comment was not to steer someone to a particular brand or size but to share what I learned about HOW to pick a good one. You know... give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time.

Let the fish jokes commence ;)

I took the OP as eegeland just sharing that he felt it paid off to learn what was better, and then spend a bit more to get it right.

I see, I get it now. I was just originally wondering if there was a question as the title of the post did seem like it was asking "How to pick a good humidor." I wasn't sure if he had meant to post a question in there and had inadvertently left it out. All's well that ends well! :thumbs: