• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to spend $300

pierce652

Have $300 burning a hole in my pocket and am looking for ways to spend it. I really want to begin my long awaited dive into the dark side...any suggestions on how best to spend this bothersome money?

I was thinking parti shorts....and....?????

Go with a few boxes of PCs

Monte#4s
Boli PCs
Partagas Shorts

Each box should run you under $150.00. So for $300.00 you will be able to get two boxes instead of one box if you go for bigger cigars.

I would do a newbie trade in that thread and spend maybe half. THEN I would have an idea on what box would be best. Why buy a whole box of something you may not like when you could sample and find out what you really like?

hudsonvalley said:
I would do a newbie trade in that thread and spend maybe half. THEN I would have an idea on what box would be best. Why buy a whole box of something you may not like when you could sample and find out what you really like?
[snapback]280105[/snapback]​

Very sound advice, Tom. If it were me, I would look for someone to put together a Darkside sampler for me for say $100. Then, once I knew what I REALLY liked, I'd purchase a box. Unless you have some idea, jumping into a box purchase can be a crap shoot.

Just my 0.02.

cigardawg said:
hudsonvalley said:

Very sound advice, Tom. If it were me, I would look for someone to put together a Darkside sampler for me for say $100. Then, once I knew what I REALLY liked, I'd purchase a box. Unless you have some idea, jumping into a box purchase can be a crap shoot.

Just my 0.02.
[snapback]280112[/snapback]​
Solid advice. My nO0bie sampler was the best $100.00 I think I could have spent. For a guy starting out, it's a great way to get hand picked, aged sticks and maybe even make a new friend in the process.

Good luck - B.B.S.

RASCC or SC El Principe rather than those horrible Party Shorts and SLR Serie A with the money left over.

cigardawg said:
hudsonvalley said:

Just my 0.02.
I did exactly this with a great brother on the board here outside the Newbie Thread. Only twist was this: I bought TWO of each robusto size I wanted to try so that I could be more sure about the profile that cigar had. One cigar leaves too many variables. Two is not really enough but is more than twice as good for sampling purposes. It was a compromise. Fivers would be best for that.

It really helped me define what I was looking for and what didn't do it for me.

Thanks again, Joe.

BlindedByScience said:
cigardawg said:
hudsonvalley said:
I would do a newbie trade in that thread and spend maybe half.  THEN I would have an idea on what box would be best.  Why buy a whole box of something you may not like when you could sample and find out what you really like?

Just my 0.02.
Solid advice. My nO0bie sampler was the best $100.00 I think I could have spent. For a guy starting out, it's a great way to get hand picked, aged sticks and maybe even make a new friend in the process.

Good luck - B.B.S.
[snapback]280118[/snapback]​

I only spent $75 for my newbie sampler (cigardawg)... based on the selection I got -- I think if he had sent me 100 bucks worth of smokes, I would of had a heart attack!! :D

There is a vendor out there who sells singles of every cigar he has in stock. His prices are ok and his rep is above reproach. I would buy a ton of different singles from him. If you need the source just pm me.

checkthis out I thought about try one of these sites for samplers C.GARS LTD
sorry I couldnt do a link can figure that out :angry2:

hooiserguy said:
checkthis out I thought about try one of these sites for samplers sampler
[snapback]280475[/snapback]​
It is generally frowned upon to post links. But this merchant is highly rated, although on the more expensive side. Oh yeah, link no workey.