• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo de Monterrey - DC 04

Siglo-Man

Reaction score
I did a trade with a friend the other day and one of the swaps yielded me this Hoyo DC. I turned over the box before I snatched one out and it had an 04 branded on the bottom. My friend travels internationally frequently and lucky for me doesn't smoke often but always gets a box or two and lets them age in his humidor. DCs are usually a little larger than what I like to smoke but for some reason this one called my name. I'm a big fan of Hoyo Epicure Especials and of course the #2s so I thought this was a good pick.

As I ran the length of it under my nose before lighting, a habit I'm sure many of us have, it yielded a sweet nutty aroma which reminded me of the #2 but sweeter. I figured with a DC I would have to cut the cap since my punch is a little small but to my surprise even with my punch it had a great pre-light draw and I thought if it aint broke...

The first third of this stick was very good with a constant flow of sweet nutty smoke which smoothly graduated to a slightly stronger nutty smoke with coffee in the 2nd third. The last third actually mellowed a bit which was unexpected but had more of a woody flavor with only a small hint of the nut that was so pronounced in the first 2 thirds. All along the draw was great for this size and time really flew by with this one. Hoyo has yet to disappoint and this was no exception. I'd like to compare this 04 to a recent Hoyo DC to really appreciate what the extra 5 years had done. All and all it was a great smoke.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

Great review Siglo, and thanks for the pics. The Hoyo DC is one of my favorite DCs...right behind the Lusi. It is a fairly mild cigar and a great cigar when playing a round of golf. It usually will take me through the back 9.